Windows Live Photo Gallery for Windows 10 is an image optimizer and photo editing application. The first version was included with Windows Vista, designed as a Windows Picture and Fax Viewer replacement.
Does Windows 10 come with Windows Live Photo Gallery?
Keep in mind that this program is discontinued and it’s not officially supported by Microsoft now, especially for Windows 10 as they have now the Photos app for Windows 10. So, it’s possible that you will face problems such as Gallery Error 0X8007000b or Photo Gallery Has Stopped Working.
What replaces Windows Live Photo Gallery for Windows 10?
The best alternative is IrfanView. It’s not free, so if you’re looking for a free alternative, you could try nomacs or Google Photos. Other great apps like Windows Live Photo Gallery are ImageGlass (Free, Open Source), XnView MP (Free Personal), digiKam (Free, Open Source) and FastStone Image Viewer (Free Personal).
Can I still download Windows Live Photo Gallery?
Although Windows Essentials (which includes Photo Gallery) is not supported (won’t get any updates) anymore, you still can download the offline installer. During the installation you can choose which programs you want to install.
How do I download Windows Live Photo Gallery on Windows 10?
How to install Windows Photo Gallery on Windows 10?
- Download Windows Essentials.
- Run the wlsetup-web file that you just downloaded to start the setup.
- Wait for the installation process to prepare.
- Select Choose the programs you want to install. …
- Click the Install button to start the installation.
Can I run Windows from a USB drive?
If you prefer to use the newest version of Windows, though, there’s a way to run Windows 10 directly through a USB drive. You’ll need a USB flash drive with at least 16GB of free space, but preferably 32GB. You’ll also need a license to activate Windows 10 on the USB drive.
What can I use instead of Windows photo Gallery?
Alternatives to Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Picasa. Freemium. Picasa is a free image editor available for Windows and Mac computer systems. …
- XnView. Free. …
- Pixelmator. Commercial. …
- Google Photos. Free. …
- Photoscape. Commercial. …
- digiKam. Free. …
- ACDSee. Commercial. …
- Corel PaintShop Pro. Commercial.
How do I repair windows live photo gallery?
I suggest you to repair Windows Photo Gallery and check if it helps.
- Right-click on Start and click on Control Panel.
- Open Programs and features.
- Select Windows Live Essential then click Uninstall/Change.
- When a Window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
- Restart your computer after the repair.
How do I download pictures on Windows 10?
Microsoft Photos Download for Windows 10
- Open Microsoft Store app or website.
- Click the Search box, type Microsoft Photos, click Microsoft Photos app to open its download page.
- Click Get button to download Microsoft Photos app on your Windows computer.
How do I view photos on Windows 10?
How to View Your Photo Collection with the Windows 10 Photos App
- From the Start menu, click the Photos tile. …
- Scroll down to the photo you want to view or edit. …
- Click a photo to see it full-screen and then choose any menu option to view, navigate, manipulate, or share your pictures.
Is Windows 10 photo app free?
Photo editing has always been one of our favorite activities, but photo editing tools are expensive, and a lot of ordinary people don’t want to give their money for them. Luckily, Microsoft App Store from Windows 10 offers some really quality photo editing apps, for free!
What is the difference between photos and pictures in Windows 10?
The normal places for photos is in your Pictures folder or maybe in the OneDrivePictures folder. But you can in fact have your photos wherever you like and tell the Photos apps were they are in the Settings for the source folders. The Photos app creates these links based on the dates and such.