Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do you format a Windows 8 laptop?
Factory reset Windows 8
- The first step is to open the system settings using the Windows shortcut ‘Windows’ key + ‘i’.
- From there, select “Change PC settings”.
- Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”.
- Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
How do I reformat my HP laptop Windows 8 without CD?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly. …
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next. …
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I factory reset my laptop without Windows 8?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I wipe my computer clean Windows 8?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I format my laptop without deleting Windows?
Windows 8- choose “Settings” from the Charm Bar> Change PC Settings> General> choose the “Get Started” option under “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”> Next> select which drives you want to wipe> choose whether you want to remove your files or fully clean the drive> Reset.
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
How can I get my Windows 8 license key?
Either in the command prompt window or in PowerShell, enter the following command: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey and confirm the command by hitting “Enter”. The program will give you the product key so that you can write it down or simply copy and paste it somewhere.
How do I restore my HP laptop with Windows 8?
Recovery from Windows 8
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. …
- Turn on the computer.
- From the Start screen, type recovery manager to open the Search charm, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.
How do you get into Windows 8 if you forgot your password?
If you’ve forgotten your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. …
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
How do I wipe my laptop without a password?
If you do find yourself in that unenviable position, here’s how to reset Windows:
- Hold down the Shift key while you click on the Power button in the bottom-right corner of the Windows login screen and select Restart.
- When you see the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot, then Reset this PC.
How do I reset my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start Windows 8.
- Go to Settings either by swiping in from the right edge of the screen or by pointing the mouse in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Change PC Settings.
- Click Update and recovery.
- Click Recovery.
- Under the Remove everything and reinstall Windows section, click Get started.
How do you completely clean your computer?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I completely clean my laptop?
Head to the Start screen, find the Charms bar, click on Settings and then hit Change PC settings. Finally, choose Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows. When you choose to erase data, make sure you click on the “thoroughly” option rather than “quickly”, just to be sure that everything is deleted.