Go to the “Advanced” BIOS section. Go to the “Onboard” or “Device Configuration” option by pressing “Enter.” The sound settings are typically under “Audio Controller” or any other similar sound-related configuration. Press “Enter” to enable or disable the sound setting at hand.
How do I disable my internal sound card?
How to disable an onboard sound card
- Open the Device Manager.
- Click the + or > symbol next to the Sound, video and game controllers option in the list.
- Right-click the onboard sound card.
- In the pop-up menu that opens, select the Disable device option.
Should I disable onboard sound card?
The mainboard’s BIOS automatically disables onboard sound sometimes even. … It is not enough and we strongly advise against simply disabling it in the Device Manager – it has to be disabled in BIOS and in some cases even more than one setting must be changed there.
How do I disable my audio driver?
Press the Device Installation Settings button. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button. To uninstall your audio driver: Go to Device Manager box, right-click the audio driver and choose Uninstall.
How do I remove a sound card from my PC?
Step 4: Removing the sound card
- Locate the sound card inside computer case. …
- Disconnect any cables that are plugged into the back and sides of the sound card. …
- Remove the one screw that holds the sound card to the chassis. …
- Grasp the sound card by its edges and slide it out of its slot.
What is onboard audio?
A computer motherboard supports audio via an onboard chip or an add-on sound card. Those that include a sound chip typically have expansion slots that allow you to install a more powerful sound card.
How do I turn off the sound on my computer?
To open the Sound control panel, right-click the speaker icon in your system tray and select “Sounds”. You can also just navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. On the Sounds tab, click the “Sound Scheme” box and select “No Sounds” to disable sound effects entirely.
How do I turn off Sound in Device Manager?
Disabling audio devices with Device Manager
In the Device Manager window, expand the Sound, video and game controllers section. To disable a device, right-click its name and choose Disable. Note: This enables the device for your computer as a whole while it is disabled.
How do you fix No audio output device is enabled?
You can choose from the follow 3 options to fix the “No Audio Output Device Installed” error; Automatically update your audio device drivers. Manually uninstall device driver & Manually reinstall the drivers. Re-enable the device.
How do I fix my disabled audio device?
What to do if my audio device is disabled?
- Use Command Prompt.
- Use Registry Editor.
- Make sure that your audio device is enabled.
- Check if the audio device is enabled in Device Manager.
- Uninstall your audio driver.
- Perform a System Restore.
- Reset Windows 10.
What is the best audio driver for Windows 10?
Download Audio Drivers For Windows 10 – Best Software & Apps
- Realtek HD Audio Drivers x64. …
- Realtek HD Audio Drivers. …
- Audio driver for Microsoft Windows 7. …
- Realtek HD Audio Drivers. …
- IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. …
- Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio System. …
- Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 7 for Desktop s.
What causes audio renderer error?
The audio renderer error could be caused by problematic audio driver on your PC. In this case, you should uninstall the audio driver. Uninstalling the audio driver will also force Windows to reinstall the audio driver, which will fix some driver issues on your PC. So, if you encounter the “Audio renderer error.