How do you change the Open With settings back to default in Android?
On the latest version of stock Android, you need to open up the Settings app, then choose Apps & notifications, then Advanced, then Default apps. All the available categories, like browser and SMS, are listed. To change a default, just tap on the category, and make a new choice.
How do I change the default open with settings?
On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps. Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
How do you reset the app which opens a file?
How to Clear “Open by Default” Apps from Your Android Device
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps & Notifications. …
- Choose App info. …
- Choose the app that always opens. …
- On the app’s screen, choose Open by Default or Set as Default. …
- Tap the CLEAR DEFAULTS button.
How do I change the Open With settings on my Samsung?
Let’s take a look.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Tap on the three-dot menu on the middle-right side.
- Tap on Default apps.
- Choose which category of Default apps you want to change (assistant, browser, launcher phone, SMS, etc.).
How do I get rid of open with apps?
How to remove a default app on Android
- Open Settings and then Apps and notifications.
- Click See all apps.
- Find the app from which you want to stop from automatically opening. …
- Tap on Chrome and expand the Advanced menu.
- Select Browser App.
- You will now be shown a screen where you can select Opera as your default browser.
How do I change how a file opens?
How to manage default apps
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Go into Apps & notifications.
- Hit Advanced.
- Select Default apps.
- Pick the apps you want for each option.
How do you reset Remember my choice?
Reset all app preferences at once
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Select Reset App Preferences.
- Read through the warning — it will tell you everything that will be reset. …
- Tap Reset Apps to confirm your decision.
How do I change my default Call app?
- Open the Settings apps.
- Tap Apps & Notifications.
- Tap Advanced.
- Tap Default Apps.
- Under Default Apps, you will find ‘Phone App’ which you can tap to change the default.
How do I change my share settings on Android?
Tap the menu button in the top-right corner and then tap Share. When the Share menu opens, you’ll notice a new Pinned row (denoted by the pin icon) (Figure A).
How do I change default settings on my phone?
Open Android Settings, scroll down, and tap on System.
- Access System in Android Settings. …
- Tap on Advanced in System settings. …
- Tap Reset options. …
- Start the factory reset on Android. …
- Press Reset Phone. …
- Press Erase everything to begin clearing data from your device. …
- The Factory data reset is in progress.