Archive the Backup
- To archive the backup, choose “Preferences” from the iTunes menu and select the “Devices” tab. Choose the fresh backup and right click to bring up the “Archive” option.
- Once archived, a backup will be marked with the date and the exact time that it was archived.
How do I backup my iPhone to archive?
How to make an archived backup of your iPhone or iPad
- Plug iPhone or iPad into your Mac or Windows PC.
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iPhone or iPad icon in the menu bar when it appears.
- Make sure backup is set to This Computer.
- Click on Back Up Now.
- Back up Apps, if asked.
- Press Command, to open Preferences.
- Click on the Devices tab.
How do I stop iTunes from overwriting backup?
Answer: A: Backups are overwritten by default. If you use iTunes on a Mac you can ‘archive’ a backup to preserve it (right click a list item in iTunes Preferences > Devices). On Windows iTunes you have to manually find the backup folder & rename it before it is overwritten.
How do I create a new backup on my iPhone?
First, make sure you have a fresh backup of the older device. There are two ways to create a backup. On your iPhone, tap on the Settings app and then tap your account name (it should appear at the very top) > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Tap the switch to turn on iCloud Backup.
How do I roll back an iOS update?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
What does it mean to archive an iPhone backup?
An archived iTunes backup is essential because it saves the current state of your iOS device and prevents it from being accidentally overwritten by subsequent backups. Apple recommends all public beta testers create an archived backup before installing a beta in case something goes wrong and a restore is needed.
How do I backup my iPhone to a hard drive?
Connect your external hard drive to your Mac if it isn’t already connected. Go back to the Finder window with your iOS backups in it and select the device backup folder (It will either be called “Backup” or have a bunch of numbers and letters).
Do iTunes backups overwrite?
Both iTunes and iCloud will overwrite your existing backups and save only the latest data. On your computer, you can create a backup, move or archive that backup and then create another backup. If after a few days you don’t like it, simply put your pre-upgrade backup back in place and restore from it.
Should I delete my iPhone backup?
Click Backups on the left, select an iOS device on the right whose backup you don’t need, then click Delete. If you don’t see Backups on the left, your iOS devices don’t have iCloud backups.
How much space does iPhone backup take on computer?
If your iPhone storage looked similar to the image below, about 7.16GB of storage would likely be utilized to back up your device. The 7.16GB includes your audio, video, photos, books, and other (misc) data. Apps generally are not included when you backup your phone.
How do I make my iPhone backup faster?
How to make iCloud backup faster
- Tip 1: Free up space on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to make iCloud backup faster.
- Tip 2: Avoid backing up large files to speed up iCloud backup.
- Tip 3: Ensure a fast Wi-Fi connection to speed up iCloud backup.
- Tip 4: Disable unnecessary backup to make iCloud backup faster.
How can I force my iPhone to backup?
First, open the Settings app on iPhone and navigate to iCloud, as seen in the screenshot above. Next, scroll down and tap on Backup. If it’s not already activated, tap the iCloud Backup option. You will see a brief description of the backup process.
How do I backup my iPhone without losing everything?
Choose a backup to restore from and then tap Restore and wait. If your backup is encrypted a password will be required. Keep your device connected to the PC until the restoration finishes. When trying to restore iPhone without losing data using either iTunes or iCloud, you will have to deal with a lot of limitations.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12 without a computer or iTunes?
The Safest Way to Downgrade iOS 12.2/12.1 without Data Loss
- Step 1: Install the program on your PC.
- Step 2: Enter your iPhone details.
- Step 3: Downgrade to the old version.
- View the Video on How to Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 without Data Loss.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
What is archive backup iTunes?
If you ever go back to the current version of iOS after an iOS beta update, only an archived or copied iTunes backup works. Then go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices on your computer. Archive or copy your backup: If you have a Mac, Control-click the backup that you just made, then choose Archive.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11 without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
How do I rename my iPhone backup file?
Rename the current iPhone backup before making another one. iTunes is set up to automatically write over the old backup when a new one is made. Click “Start > Computer” and double-click on “C > Users > yourname > AppData > Roaming > Apple Computer > Mobile Sync > Backup.”
Can I backup my iPhone photos to an external hard drive?
2 Backup iPhone Photos to External Hard Drive – iCloud Drive. Step 1: Make sure you turn on iCloud Photo Library from Settings > iCloud > Photos on iPhone. Step 2: On your computer, download the iCloud program or go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID. Step 3: Once login, choose Photos tab there.
How can I backup my iPhone Without iTunes?
How to backup iPhone without iTunes
- Download CopyTrans Shelbee from the following page:Download CopyTrans Shelbee.
- Install the program.
- Run the program and connect the iPhone or iPad to your PC.
- Next, click “Full backup”.
- Select the PC location where to backup the iPhone by clicking the green pencil button on the right.
Can I backup my iPhone to a flash drive?
While there are many third-party apps that enable you to copy iPhone backups to an external hard drive, a little-known Windows command enables you to use iTunes to back up the phone to a USB hard drive directly. Connect the data sync cable to the iPhone and a second USB port on the computer.
How do I backup my iPhone without enough storage?
Specify what data should or should not be backed up. If there are entire apps that you don’t need to backup, you can do so by following: Step 1: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage. Step 2: Select the device you want to manage the backup for (“This iPhone,” for example).
Why does iPhone backup take up so much space?
Like an iOS device, users can see an overview of how much iCloud storage is currently being used. Next, select Backups from the menu. Simply select the particular backup to be deleted. Deleting iCloud backups can go a long way to ensuring the 5GB of free storage space is optimized.
What does iPhone backup include?
Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backup only include information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos3, shared photos, iCloud Photos, Health data, call history4, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”