Can I downgrade iOS 11 to 10.3 3?
Whatever the reason, you can easily downgrade iOS 11 if you need to, but the ability to downgrade is only available for a limited time while Apple continues to sign the prior operating system release of iOS 10.3.3.
This guide requires iTunes and a computer, internet access, an iOS 10.3.3 ISPW file, and a USB cable.
Is it possible to downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
Can I go back to an older version of iOS?
Apple generally stops signing the previous version of iOS a few days after a new version is released. This means that it’s often possible to downgrade back to your previous version of iOS for a few days after you upgrade — assuming the latest version was just released and you upgraded to it quickly.
Can I downgrade to iOS 11?
It’s normal of Apple to stop signing older versions of iOS several weeks after another release. This is exactly what is happening here, thus it is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 12 to iOS 11. If you are having issues with iOS 12.0.1 specifically, however, you can still downgrade to iOS 12 without issue.
How do I revert to an older version of iOS?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11 without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
Can you downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Select the iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware file you had downloaded earlier. iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 12.1.2 or iOS 12.1.1.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I rollback an iOS update?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
How do I undo an iOS update?
How to Reverse iPhone to Previous Update
- Download and install the version of iOS to which you wish to revert using the links in the Resources section.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer using the included USB data cable.
- Highlight your iPhone in the list under the Devices heading in the left column.
- Browse to the location where you saved your iOS firmware.
How do I uninstall an iOS 11 update?
For Versions before iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
Can I downgrade from iOS 12?
iOS 12 backups won’t restore to your device once it’s running iOS 11. If you downgrade without a backup, be prepared to start from scratch. To get started with the downgrade, backup your iOS device to either iTunes or iCloud.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12 without a computer?
The Safest Way to Downgrade iOS 12.2/12.1 without Data Loss
- Step 1: Install the program on your PC. After installing Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer, launch it and then connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
- Step 2: Enter your iPhone details.
- Step 3: Downgrade to the old version.
How do I downgrade to iOS 9?
How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore
- Step 1: Back up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer.
- Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
How do I revert back to iOS 11?
iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode and ask you what you want to do.
- Click Restore on the iTunes popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 11 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 11.
Can you undo an app update on iPhone?
Approach 2: Undo an app update by iTunes. In fact, iTunes is not only a useful tool to back up iPhone apps, but also a simple way to undo an app update. Step 1: Uninstall the app from your iPhone after App Store updated it automatically. Run iTunes, click on the Device icon at upper left corner.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12.1 1?
The Best Way to Downgrade iOS 12.1.1/12.1/12 without iTunes
- Step 1: Install the software. First of all, download Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer.
- Step 2: Choose the right option.
- Step 3: Feed the device details.
- Step 4: Downgrade to safe version.
How can I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11.4 without losing data?
Simple Steps to Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4 without Losing Data
- Step 1.Install and Launch iOS System Recovery on your PC or Mac.
- Boot iPhone into Recovery or DFU mode.
- Step 3.Select Device Model and Download the iOS 11.4 Firmware.
- Step 4.Begin Install iOS 11.4 on iPhone and Restore it Back to Normal.
How can I downgrade my iPhone Without iTunes?
Steps to Downgrade iPhone/iPad iOS without iTunes
- Step 1: Download and install iRevert Downgrader, then click “Agree” to continue.
- Step 2: Select the iOS version you would like to download to, then click “Next”.
How can I downgrade my iPhone 6?
6. Search your device icon on iTunes and click it > Choose Summary tab and, (For Mac) press “Option” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”; (For Windows) press “Shift” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”. 7. Find previous iOS ipsw file you have downloaded, select it and click “Open”.
How do I downgrade to iOS 11.1 2?
To downgrade or upgrade your iOS device(s) to iOS 11.1.2, follow these steps: 1) Make sure iOS 11.1.2 is still being signed when you try to do this. Otherwise, you’re wasting your time. You can use IPSW.me to check any firmware’s signing status in real time.
What does signed IPSW mean?
Put simply, if an IPSW firmware file is not being signed by Apple through their servers, it can not be used to place onto an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. As shown below, firmware in green means it is signed and available, firmwares in red means Apple has stopped the signing of this iOS version and it is not available.
How do I get into DFU mode?
iPad, iPhone 6s and below, iPhone SE and iPod touch
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Hold down both the Home button and Lock button.
- After 8 seconds, release the Lock button while continuing to hold down the Home button.
- Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”