You can downgrade with iTunes on a Mac or a Windows PC, here is what to do:
- Before anything else, be sure you have a backup available of your device.
- Next, download the iOS 9.3.5 IPSW file for your iPhone or iPad and place the .ipsw file somewhere easy to find like the Desktop or Downloads folder.
How do I downgrade from iOS 9 to IOS 8?
How to Downgrade From iOS 9 Beta to iOS 8
- Download the latest iOS 8 firmware for your device from here.
- Launch iTunes from your dock.
- Place your device into DFU Mode by following these steps.
- Hold down the Alt/Option key (Shift in Windows) and click the Restore iPhone button.
Can I downgrade iPad iOS?
If your iPhone or iPad has automatically backed up via iCloud since you’ve upgraded, you won’t be able to access any of your data after downgrading. You’ll have to start again from scratch, or restore from an older backup (if available). Finally, you need to be sure that Apple is still signing the old version of iOS.
How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 8?
How to Downgrade from iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1
- Step #1. First off, launch Settings app on your iDevice → Tap open iCloud.
- Step #2. Scroll down and tap on “Find My Phone”.
- Step #3. Toggle “Find My Phone” off.
- Step #4. Now switch off your iDevice by long pressing power button.
- Step #5. Open iTunes on your computer.
- Step #6.
- Step #7.
- Step #8.
How do I downgrade my ipod touch?
Part 3 Downgrading Your Device
- Connect the phone to the computer. Use the included, standard USB cable.
- Click “Extras”.
- Click “Even More”.
- Click “Restore”.
- Click “IPSW”. This will allow you to choose the firmware you want to restore.
- Enter Pwned DFU mode.
- Locate your SHSH Blobs.
- Let the program work.
Can you downgrade to iOS 9?
How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore. Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer. Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB. Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
How do I restore my iPhone to a previous iOS?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
Is it possible to downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do I revert to an older version of iOS?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I downgrade iOS?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
How do I downgrade to iOS 11 without a computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
Can I downgrade my iPhone software?
How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad. If iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC doesn’t launch automatically, launch it manually. iTunes will detect your device in recovery mode and ask you what you want to do. Click Next on the iOS 11 Software Updater.
How do I install an older version of iOS on my iPad?
To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
Can I downgrade to iOS 10?
You can downgrade to iOS 10.3.3 if you act quickly. We’ll walk through how you can downgrade iOS 11 back to iOS 10 on an iPhone or iPad. This guide requires iTunes and a computer, internet access, an iOS 10.3.3 ISPW file, and a USB cable. There is no way to downgrade iOS 11 without iTunes and a computer.
Can I revert to iOS 10?
Step One: Download the iOS 10 restore image. Since you’re using iOS 11, you’ll have to download the older iOS 10 image. From there you can choose the corresponding restore image (in this case, iOS 10.3.3) for your device and wait for the multi-gigabyte file to download.
Can I downgrade iOS 11 to 9?
No, you cannot downgrade from iOS 11 beta to iOS 9. Once you have upgraded to a higher version beta, you can only downgrade/restore to the latest available iOS version, which as of now is iOS 10.3.2.
How do you undo an iPhone update?
How to Reverse iPhone to Previous Update
- Download and install the version of iOS to which you wish to revert using the links in the Resources section.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer using the included USB data cable.
- Highlight your iPhone in the list under the Devices heading in the left column.
- Browse to the location where you saved your iOS firmware.
How do I downgrade from iOS beta?
Downgrade from the iOS 12 beta
- Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
- When it says ‘Connect to iTunes’, do exactly that – plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes.
How do I uninstall an iOS 11 update?
For Versions before iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
Can you downgrade from iOS 12?
iOS 12 backups won’t restore to your device once it’s running iOS 11. If you downgrade without a backup, be prepared to start from scratch. To get started with the downgrade, backup your iOS device to either iTunes or iCloud.
How do I downgrade to iOS 11.1 2?
To downgrade or upgrade your iOS device(s) to iOS 11.1.2, follow these steps: 1) Make sure iOS 11.1.2 is still being signed when you try to do this. Otherwise, you’re wasting your time. You can use IPSW.me to check any firmware’s signing status in real time.
What does signed IPSW mean?
Put simply, if an IPSW firmware file is not being signed by Apple through their servers, it can not be used to place onto an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. As shown below, firmware in green means it is signed and available, firmwares in red means Apple has stopped the signing of this iOS version and it is not available.
How do I uninstall iOS beta 12?
How to Leave iOS 12 Public Beta or iOS 12 Developer Beta on iPhone or iPad
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then scroll all the way down and tap on “Profile” (it should say ‘iOS 12 Beta Software Profile’ next to it)
- Tap on “iOS 12 Beta Software Profile”
How do I get off iOS 12 beta?
The first step is to remove the beta profile you installed when you first signed up for the iOS 12 beta program. This profile is what lets your device download and update the beta versions of iOS (and ignore the usual public updates). To remove it, open the Settings app, tap General, and scroll down to Profiles.
How do I uninstall beta update?
Launch the Settings app, tap on General, then Profile & Device Management. Select the iOS Beta Software Profile, then tap on Delete. Confirm you want to remove the profile, and you’re done. In the future your iOS device will only download the officially released builds, after Apple has worked out any issues.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”