How do I downgrade from Sierra to Yosemite?
How to downgrade without a Time Machine backup
- Plug the new bootable installer into your Mac.
- Restart your Mac, holding the Alt key and, when you see the option, choose the bootable install disk.
- Launch Disk Utility, click on the disk with High Sierra on it (the disk, not just the volume) and click the Erase tab.
How do I downgrade to OS X El Capitan?
If not, or if you choose not to, you can restore at any time.
- Power up or restart your Mac.
- Hold down Command+R while your Mac boots.
- Click Restore from Time Machine Backup from the OS X Utilities menu.
- Click Continue.
- Read the Restore Your System page and click Continue.
- Select your Time Machine backup.
- Click Continue.
How do I downgrade from High Sierra to El Capitan?
You can now follow these steps where you will have to erase macOS Sierra and then Reinstall El Capitan.
- Erase macOS Sierra. Select the item of “Restart” from the “Apple” menu of your Mac .
- Get OS X El Capitan Reinstalled. Select “Reinstall OS” option from OS X Utilities Window.
How do I downgrade from El Capitan to Yosemite without backup?
Re: How to downgrade El Capitan to Yosemite without a backup
- Plug in your USB drive into the computer and open Disk Utility (in Applications).
- Select the USB drive from the left sidebar and click on Erase tab.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) in the format box and set the name be YosemiteInstaller.
How do I revert to a previous version of OSX?
If you’re on High Sierra 10.12.4 or later, and you want to revert to the version of macOS that shipped with your Mac, then you’re in luck! This is one of the easiest ways to downgrade your Mac: Restart your Mac, while holding down the ‘Shift+Option+Command+R’ keys.
How do I downgrade from Sierra?
Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen. Hold down Command+R, and keep holding the keys until your computer reboots. This will put your computer into Recovery Mode. Click on Disk Utility in the OS X Utilities selector.
How do I uninstall El Capitan?
Uninstall OS X El Capitan
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left part of the desktop and select Restart from the drop-down.
- As the machine is restarting, press Command + R.
- Select Disk Utility on the Mac OS X Utilities screen and click Continue.
- Highlight the startup disk and hit Erase tab.
How do I downgrade from High Sierra to Mojave without backup?
Method 1 is for you if your Mac was Shipped with High Sierra:
- Backup all the data from Mojave to an external SSD or HDD.
- Restart macOS Mojave 10.14 and immediately press-hold Command and R keys simultaneously.
- A help window with title ‘macOS Utilities’ will show up.
- Erase your macOS Mojave.
- Click on the Reinstall macOS.
How do I downgrade OSX High Sierra?
How to downgrade from APFS to HFS+
- Create a bootable installer as above.
- Press Option/Alt as you start up your Mac.
- Choose the bootable installer as your startup disk.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Choose Show All Devices.
- Choose your drive and click on Erase.
- Change the format to MacOS Extended (Journaled).
How do I downgrade my Mac from High Sierra?
In no time, you’ll complete the downgrade to macOS 10.12.
- Connect to Time Machine.
- Restart your Mac in Recovery Mode: press Command + R while you reboot.
- At the macOS Utiities screen press Disk Utility.
- Click Continue and then select Startup Disk (where OS is located)
- Hit Erase.
Can I downgrade from High Sierra?
When complete, open the Mac App Store, and update to the latest macOS Sierra software —just make sure not to accidentally reinstall macOS High Sierra. This won’t turn off notifications to upgrade to High Sierra, you’ll still get those daily. Fortunately, they can be turned off permanently.
Can Time Machine restore previous OS?
You can restore from a Time machine backup without or after installing an operating system. If you restore without installing an operating system: All the backup will be restored to your disk, including the operating system (for example Yosemite).
How do I download Yosemite?
To download and install the update, head to the Apple menu and choose “Software Update”, the OS X Yosemite installer is several GB in size and can be found under the “Updates” tab. You can also use the download link below to head directly to OS X Yosemite in the App Store.
How do I reinstall original Mac OS?
Step 4: Reinstall a clean Mac operating system
- Restart your Mac.
- While the startup disc is waking up, hold down the Command+R keys simultaneously.
- Click on Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X where applicable) to reinstall the operating system that came with your Mac.
- Click on Continue.
Can you downgrade from Mojave to High Sierra?
Note: While Apple has removed the macOS Sierra installer from the Mac App Store. El Capitan, Yosemite and earlier versions are still available to download in the Purchased tab. If you don’t already have a bootable installer of Sierra, you’ll have to downgrade to El Capitan or earlier.
How do I upgrade to High Sierra NOT Mojave?
How to upgrade to macOS Mojave
- Check compatibility. You can upgrade to macOS Mojave from OS X Mountain Lion or later on any of the following Mac models.
- Make a backup. Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac.
- Get connected.
- Download macOS Mojave.
- Allow installation to complete.
- Stay up to date.
How do I downgrade from Mojave beta to High Sierra?
How to Opt-Out of Future macOS Mojave Betas
- Launch System Preferences.
- Click on the App Store option.
- Next to Your computer is set to receive beta software updates, click on Change.
- Click Do Not Show Beta Software Updates.
How do I downgrade from Mojave to El Capitan?
Downgrade macOS (e.g: Downgrade macOS Mojave to High Sierra)
- Enter your Admin Password as required, wait until the process is done.
- Restart the Mac, hold the Option key.
- When the option to select a boot disk appears, choose the installer disk (the external USB drive) you created.
How do I reinstall El Capitan without losing data?
Question: Q: El capitan reinstall without losing data?
- Reinstall El Capitan Without Erasing the Drive.
- Boot to the Recovery HD: Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears.
How do you go back to previous page on Mac?
Hit Command and the left arrow to go back a page in the browser window. Hit Command right to go forward again.
Can I remove install macOS High Sierra?
If you want to install High Sierra later, just dismiss the notification. Install it at any time by opening the file named Install macOS High Sierra from your Applications folder, Launchpad, or Spotlight. Or delete the installer by dragging it to the Trash. You can always get it again from the App Store.
Can you delete install macOS High Sierra?
2 Answers. It is safe to delete, you will just be unable to install macOS Sierra until you re-download the installer from the Mac AppStore. Nothing at all except you would have to download it again if you ever need it. After install, the file would usually be deleted anyway, unless you move it to another location.
How can I restore my Mac to an earlier date?
Restore your system. In order to open OS X Recovery Tool press and hold down the command key + R when your system boots. When Recovery Tool is open, select the option “Restore From Time Machine Backup”. This will load files from the latest restore point.
How do I reinstall Mac OS without recovery mode?
Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Command+R’ buttons. Release these buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo. Your Mac should now boot into Recovery Mode. Select ‘Reinstall macOS,’ and then click ‘Continue.’
How long does it take to reinstall Mac OS?
Depends on what kind of Mac you have and method of install. Typically, if you have a stock 5400 rpm drive, it takes about 30 – 45 minutes using a USB installer. If you are using the internet recovery route, it can take over an hour, depending on speed of internet etc.
Could not find installation information for this machine?
If you are installing mac os on a fresh Hard Drive then rather pressing cmd + R on startup, you need to press and hold only alt/opt key on system startup. In Recovery Mode you have to format your Disk using Disk Utility and Choose OS X Extended (Journaled) as drive format before you click Reinstall OS X.
Photo in the article by “Max Pixel”