How to register your account for the iOS 10.3 beta
- Go to developer.apple.com on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the “Download New Betas” tab.
- Log in with your developer account’s username and password.
- Go to the iOS 10.3 beta section and tap download.
- The Beta software profile will appear on your phone.
How do I download iOS beta?
iOS Beta Software
- Download the configuration profile from the download page.
- Connect your device to a power cord and connect to Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
How do I downgrade iOS beta?
Downgrade from the iOS 12 beta
- Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
- When it says ‘Connect to iTunes’, do exactly that – plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes.
Is iOS 10.3 3 the latest update?
iOS 10.3.3 is officially the last version of iOS 10. The iOS 12 update is set to bring new features and a slew of performance improvements to the iPhone and iPad. iOS 12 is only compatible with devices capable of running iOS 11. Devices like the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c will unfortunately stick around on iOS 10.3.3.
How do I leave iOS beta?
Leave the iOS 12 Beta Program
- Grab your iPhone or iPad that’s already configured for the iOS beta program and head to Settings > General.
- Swipe down to find and select Profile.
- Tap the iOS 12 Beta Software Profile.
- Select Remove Profile.
- Select Remove to verify.
- Enter your iOS passcode to confirm the change.
How do I install iOS beta?
How to install the iOS 12.3 public beta
- Launch Settings from your Home screen, tap on General, then tap on Software Update.
- Once the update appears, tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
How can I get watchOS beta?
How to install the watchOS 5.2.1 beta certificate
- Log into developer.apple.com on the iPhone paired with your Apple Watch.
- Go to the watchOS 5.1 download page.
- Tap on Download watchOS 5.2 beta Configuration Profile.
- Tap on Apple Watch from the Choose a Device popup.
- Tap on Install begin.
- Enter your Passcode.
How do I revert to an older version of iOS?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
Can I downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do I uninstall beta update?
Launch the Settings app, tap on General, then Profile & Device Management. Select the iOS Beta Software Profile, then tap on Delete. Confirm you want to remove the profile, and you’re done. In the future your iOS device will only download the officially released builds, after Apple has worked out any issues.
Is iOS 10.3 3 still safe?
Apple iOS 10.3.3 may be small but it is important. The security fixes are serious and it introduces no major new bugs, at least none which have so far proved to be more than isolated incidents. The flipside is iOS 10.3.3 lets rather too many bugs go, especially if it is (as expected) the final release of iOS 10.
How long does iOS 10.3 3 take to update?
The iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.3 installation took seven minutes to complete while the iPhone 5 iOS 10.3.3 update took about eight minutes. Again, we were coming directly from iOS 10.3.2. If you’re coming from an older update, like iOS 10.2.1, it could take upwards of 10 minutes to complete.
Is iOS 10.3 3 still available?
After the release of iOS 11.0.2 on October 3, Apple has stopped signing both iOS 10.3.3 and iOS 11.0. That means it is seemingly impossible for users to return/downgrade to pre-iOS 11 firmware. You can visit this website: TSSstatus API – Status to check Apple firmwares signed status anytime you want.
What does beta program full mean?
Beta version means it’s in testing phase and there are only a limited number of people using it because it needs to be a controlled test. For example I want only 100 people to be beta testers. Then only 100 people can download it. If the 101st person tries to download, he gets a beta is full error.
How do you delete an iOS update?
How to Delete iOS Update on Your iPhone/iPad (Also Work for iOS 12)
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
What is beta program?
In software development, a beta test is the second phase of software testing in which a sampling of the intended audience tries the product out. Beta is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. Beta testing is also sometimes referred to as user acceptance testing (UAT) or end user testing.
How do I install an older version of iOS?
To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
How can I get tvOS beta?
How to install the tvOS 12 developer beta
- Go to the Apple Developer download page on your Mac and download the tvOS beta software configuration profile.
- Plug in and turn on your Apple TV.
- Open Xcode on your Mac.
- In Xcode, choose Window > Devices and Simulators.
- Click Devices.
- Now, turn to the Apple TV and open Settings.
What is an open beta?
Developers may release either a closed beta also called private beta, or an open beta also called public beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested.
How do I install watchOS Beta 5?
How to install the watchOS 5 beta
- Log into the Apple Developer Portal on the iPhone paired with your Apple Watch.
- Navigate to the watchOS download page.
- Tap ‘Download watchOS [x] beta Configuration Profile’, for the appropriate version.
- When prompted to choose a device, tap ‘iPhone’ then ‘Install’.
How do I install tvOS 12 beta profile?
How to install the tvOS beta over-the-air
- On your Mac, go to developer.apple.com/download.
- Enter your developer username and password to log in.
- Click on the blue Download button to the right of tvOS 12 beta configuration profile.
- Install the Apple Configurator app from the Mac App Store.
What is the latest watchOS?
Latest version of watchOS. The latest version of the watch software to be released was watchOS 5.1 which arrived on 30 October 2018. However, To download the update got to General > Software Update on the iPhone associated with the Watch.
Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
How do you downgrade iOS?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
Can I downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Select the iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware file you had downloaded earlier. iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 12.1.2 or iOS 12.1.1.
How do I undo an update on my iPhone?
How to Reverse iPhone to Previous Update
- Download and install the version of iOS to which you wish to revert using the links in the Resources section.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer using the included USB data cable.
- Highlight your iPhone in the list under the Devices heading in the left column.
- Browse to the location where you saved your iOS firmware.
Can you uninstall an update on iPhone?
How to remove downloaded software updates. 1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General. 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it. 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
How do I delete an update on my iPhone?
Delete content manually
- Go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
- Select any app to see how much space it uses.
- Tap Delete App. Some apps, such as Music and Videos, let you delete parts of their documents and data.
- Install the iOS update again. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”