Tap and hold the language key (the one that looks like a globe or possibly an Emoji smile face) and set the toggle for “Predictive” to off.
If, like mine you do not get the option to change the keyboard on your messages app.
Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Predictive.
How do I get rid of word suggestions on iPhone?
How to turn off the QuickType keyboard on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch any app and pull up the keyboard.
- Tap and hold on the emoji icon in the bottom left of the keyboard.
- Swipe upwards and hover your finger over the Predictive toggle and release your finger.
- To enable QuickType again, just follow the same three steps.
How do you delete words from predictive text on iPhone?
To reset your keyboard dictionary, head into your iPhone’s settings and tap on General. Scroll down till you see Reset and tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary. You’ll then be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and then have the option to fully reset the predictive words from showing up.
How do I delete words from autocorrect?
After that, scroll down until you see a tab that says ‘Personal dictionary’ and select that. Select the language you use to text, and then find the word you want to change/delete from your autocorrect settings. Select it and then hit the trash can icon at the top right corner of the screen.
How do I turn off suggestions on iMessage?
Alternatively, you can make a trip into your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app. Navigate to Settings → General → Keyboard and turn off the “Predictive” switch. Turn the switch back on to re-enable it.
How do I get rid of the GREY bar on my iPhone text messages?
Then to get rid of the iMessage apps bar on iOS 12 and iOS 11 all you need to do is tap and hold on the grey App Store icon (located next to the text field). Keep your finger on the button for 2 seconds and release. You will notice that the bar will disappear right away.
How do you delete certain words from predictive text on iPhone?
First, head over to Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement. Tap on the “+” icon on the top-right of the screen. Here, in the Shortcut section, type in the decent word that the keyboard tends to auto-correct. In the Phrase section, type in the text you’d like it to autocorrect to.
How do you delete certain words from predictive text?
Go to phone settings, followed by Language and input. Select Samsung Keyboard from the list of keyboards. Tap “Predictive text”, followed by “Clear personal data”. Tapping this will remove all the new words that your keyboard has learned over time.
How do you delete learned words on iPhone?
You can either erase all learned words by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary, or you can have your iPhone automatically censor out bad language that you type. To do the latter, go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Edit . You can then set a “censor” for bad language.
How do I remove suggested words from SwiftKey?
Open your SwiftKey app. Tap ‘Typing’ Tap ‘Typing & Autocorrect’ Uncheck ‘Auto insert prediction’ and/or ‘Autocorrect’
How do you change words on autocorrect?
IPhone Autocorrect Prank
- Step 1: Go to Settings. Go to Settings > General.
- Step 2: Keyboard. Go to Keyboard.
- Step 3: Shortcuts. Tap Add New Shortcut
- Step 4: Type Word. Type a common word, such as and, but, or, etc.
- Step 5: Type Shortcut. Type a silly word, like cheese, for the shortcut.
- Step 6: More
- Step 7: Finished!
- 6 Discussions.
How do you reset your keyboard?
Tap the “Alt” and “Shift” keys simultaneously if you are pressing one keyboard key and getting a different symbol or letter. This will reset the keyboard defaults on some laptops. Press the “Ctrl” key and tap the “Shift” key simultaneously if the procedure in Step 1 did not work.
How do I get rid of the Siri suggestions on my lock screen?
How to Turn Off Siri Suggestions on Lock Screen in iOS 12
- Must read: The Best iOS 12 Features for iPhone.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Go to Siri & Search.
- Step 3: Turn off the toggle next to Suggestions on Lock Screen.
- Step 1: Go to Siri & Search section.
- Step 2: Scroll down to find the app and tap on it.
How do I get rid of Siri suggested shortcuts?
Remove a shortcut from Siri
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Siri & Search > My Shortcuts.
- Do one of the following: Tap the shortcut you want to delete, then tap Delete Shortcut. Swipe left on the shortcut, then tap Delete. To delete the shortcut in a single gesture, swipe it all the way to the left.
How do I turn off suggestions on Instagram?
If you don’t want these suggestions to appear on your profile, you can opt out:
- Log into instagram.com from a desktop computer or your phone’s browser.
- Tap or click in the top right, then select Edit Profile.
- Tap or click next to Similar Account Suggestions, then click Submit.
How do I get rid of the GREY box on my iPhone?
Scroll down to the section labeled INTERACTION and tap on AssistiveTouch. On the next screen, toggle AssistiveTouch to the green On position. A white circle with a grey box will appear on screen.
How do you hide your messages on iPhone?
If you want to hide the message previews from showing up on the iPhone or ipad lock screen, here’s how to disable the text preview from showing on the lock screen: Open “Settings” and tap on “Notifications” Select “Messages” and slide “Show Preview” to OFF.
How do I get rid of the banner on iMessage?
How to Remove App Drawer in Messages App for iPhone
- Step 1: Open the Messages app and go to an iMessage conversation.
- Step 3: This will disable the iMessage app ticker.
- Step 1: Swipe to the end of the iMessage app drawer and tap on the Menu button.
- Step 2: Toggle off all the available apps.
How do I clear my autocorrect history on my iPhone?
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap the “Reset Keyboard Dictionary” option. If you have a password set, your device will prompt you to enter it and then warn you that it’s about to “delete all custom words you have typed on the keyboard.”
How do I clear my keyboard history?
However, if you want to clear your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini entire typing history, follow the instructions below:
- Open your Settings application.
- Navigate to Language and Input.
- Tap the Gear icon next to the Samsung Keyboard option.
- Tap Predictive text.
- Scroll down and tap Clear personal data.
How do I edit my iPhone dictionary?
Settings>General>Keyboard>Auto-correction Toggle switch to Off. Unfortunately you can’t edit contents of the dictionary iOS uses for autocorrect, so once it learns a word, you are stuck with it.
Why does Word not AutoCorrect?
Click the File tab, and then click Options. In the Word Options dialog box, click Proofing. Make sure that the Check spelling as you type check box is selected in the When correcting spelling and grammar in Word section. Make sure that all check boxes are cleared in the Exception for section.
How do I fix my AutoCorrect?
If, for example, you want to replace “ducking” with a naughtier word, you can do that here:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Choose “Text Replacement”
- Tap the + button in the top-right corner.
Does Microsoft Word have AutoCorrect?
In Microsoft Word, the AutoCorrect feature is useful for automatically fixing misspelled words and correcting capitalization of words.
How do I change my keyboard keys back to normal?
All you have to do to get your keyboard back to normal mode is press ctrl + shift keys together. Check to see if it’s back to normal by pressing the quotation mark key (second key to the right of the L). If it’s still acting up, press ctrl + shift again one more time.
How do I reset my keyboard driver?
- Open Start. .
- Type in device manager .
- Scroll down and expand Keyboard.
- Select the keyboard that you want to reset.
- Click the “Uninstall” icon.
- Click Yes when prompted.
- Click the “Search for updates” button.
How do you pop a keyboard key off?
- To remove the keycap from a keyboard place your finger nail, small flat-head screwdriver, or knife under a corner of the key and gently pry the keycap up and away from the laptop.
- In many situations, the key only snaps out partially.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”