How to Go Back to a Previous Version of iOS on an iPhone
- Check your current iOS version.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Search Google for an IPSW file.
- Download an IPSW file on your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Click Summary on the left navigation menu.
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
Here are the steps Apple describes:
- Start up your Mac pressing shift-Option/Alt-Command-R.
- Once you see the macOS Utilities screen choose the Reinstall macOS option.
- Click Continue and follow the on screen instructions.
- Select your startup disk and click Install.
- Your Mac will restart once the installation is complete.
Can I downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do you undo an update on iPhone?
Check it out in method 2 below.
- Step 1Delete the app whose update you want to undo on your iOS device.
- Step 2Connect your iDevice to computer > Launch iTunes > Click on the device icon.
- Step 3Click the Apps tab > Choose the app you want to restore > Click Install > Then click Sync to transfer it to your iPhone.
How do you downgrade iOS on iPhone without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
How do you downgrade iOS?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Can you undo an app update on iPhone?
Approach 2: Undo an app update by iTunes. In fact, iTunes is not only a useful tool to back up iPhone apps, but also a simple way to undo an app update. Step 1: Uninstall the app from your iPhone after App Store updated it automatically. Run iTunes, click on the Device icon at upper left corner.
Can you uninstall an app update on iPhone?
Uninstall app updates on iPhone has only one option, which is deleting the updated apps on iPhone directly. Long press the app you want to uninstall and it will appear a small “x” on the upper left of the app icon. To uninstall app updates, users often means to download the old version back.
How do I remove an update from the App Store?
Hiding Mac App Store updates
- Step 2: Click the Store tab in the menu bar and select Show All Software Updates.
- Step 1: Open the Mac App Store.
- Step 2: Right click on the update(s) that you wish to hide, and click Hide Update.
- Step 1: Open the Mac App Store and click the Updates tab.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10 without a computer?
The Safest Way to Downgrade iOS 12.2/12.1 without Data Loss
- Step 1: Install the program on your PC. After installing Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer, launch it and then connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
- Step 2: Enter your iPhone details.
- Step 3: Downgrade to the old version.
Can I downgrade iOS 12 to 11?
There’s still time for you to downgrade from iOS 12/12.1 to iOS 11.4, but it won’t be available for long. When iOS 12 is released to the public in September, Apple will stop signing iOS 11.4 or other prior releases, and then you will no longer be able to downgrade to iOS 11.
Can I downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Select the iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware file you had downloaded earlier. iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 12.1.2 or iOS 12.1.1.
How do I downgrade iOS beta?
Downgrade from the iOS 12 beta
- Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
- When it says ‘Connect to iTunes’, do exactly that – plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes.
Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12.1 1?
The Best Way to Downgrade iOS 12.1.1/12.1/12 without iTunes
- Step 1: Install the software. First of all, download Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer.
- Step 2: Choose the right option.
- Step 3: Feed the device details.
- Step 4: Downgrade to safe version.
How do I downgrade to iOS 11.1 2?
To downgrade or upgrade your iOS device(s) to iOS 11.1.2, follow these steps: 1) Make sure iOS 11.1.2 is still being signed when you try to do this. Otherwise, you’re wasting your time. You can use IPSW.me to check any firmware’s signing status in real time.
What does signed IPSW mean?
Put simply, if an IPSW firmware file is not being signed by Apple through their servers, it can not be used to place onto an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. As shown below, firmware in green means it is signed and available, firmwares in red means Apple has stopped the signing of this iOS version and it is not available.
How do I get into DFU mode?
iPad, iPhone 6s and below, iPhone SE and iPod touch
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Hold down both the Home button and Lock button.
- After 8 seconds, release the Lock button while continuing to hold down the Home button.
- Nothing will be displayed on the screen when the device is in DFU mode.
How do I stop Apple updates?
So the first thing you should do is dive into settings and turn Automatic Updates off:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- In the section headed Automatic Downloads, set the slider next to Updates to Off (white).
How do you hide app updates on iPhone?
Tap on the “Today” tab at the bottom of the screen (you can also tap on ‘Updates’) In the upper right corner of the screen, tap on your profile avatar logo. Tap on “Purchased” Locate the app you want to hide, then swipe left on it.
How do you uninstall app updates on iPhone 6?
- Go to your Home screen.
- Touch your finger down lightly on an app icon you want to move or delete.
- Wait a few seconds.
Is it still possible to downgrade to iOS 11?
It’s normal of Apple to stop signing older versions of iOS several weeks after another release. This is exactly what is happening here, thus it is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 12 to iOS 11. If you are having issues with iOS 12.0.1 specifically, however, you can still downgrade to iOS 12 without issue.
How can I downgrade my iPhone 6?
6. Search your device icon on iTunes and click it > Choose Summary tab and, (For Mac) press “Option” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”; (For Windows) press “Shift” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”. 7. Find previous iOS ipsw file you have downloaded, select it and click “Open”.
How do I downgrade iCloud storage?
Downgrade your iCloud storage from any device
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
- Tap Change Storage Plan.
- Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
- Choose a different plan.
- Tap Done.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 9?
How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore
- Step 1: Back up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer.
- Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
Is there a jailbreak for iOS 12.1 4?
iOS 12.1.3 – iOS 12.1.4 Jailbreak. Following Jailbreak solutions are compatible with all iOS device models (even iPhone XS, XR) and All iOS versions including iOS 12.1.3 and iOS 12.1.4. Ziyu is a Jailbreak repo extractor is compatible with iOS 12.1 – iOS 12.1.4 running iPhones and iPads.
Is iOS 12.1 2 beta still being signed?
Apple Has Stopped Signing iOS 12.1.1 Beta 3, Killing New Jailbreaks Via Unc0ver. Apple has officially stopped internally signing iOS 12.1.1 beta 3. The decision means that would-be jailbreakers are no longer able to roll back their firmware from iOS 12.1.3/12.1.4 in order to successfully jailbreak using unc0ver v3.0.0.
Photo in the article by “Pexels”