Go to settings and turn off iMessage.
Send your message.
(Optional) go back to settings and turn iMessage back on.
I just verified that this works in iOS 10.
How do I send a text as a text message instead of an iMessage?
To send a traditional text rather than through iMessage on a per-message basis, just do the following on your iPhone:
- Tap and hold on the message you want to send as a text.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Send as Text Message”
How do I send a text instead of iMessage 2018?
Send messages as texts on a manual basis
- Go to Settings > Messages.
- Toggle Send as SMS switch to off.
- When iMessage is unavailable, individual messages will not send. Tap and hold these individual messages until you get an option menu.
- Tap Send as Text Message.
How do I send SMS instead of iMessage iOS 11?
Share & comment
- Send an iMessage, but as it’s sending, tap and hold on the message itself.
- You should see an option to ‘Send as Text Message’ (if iOS text to speech is enabled, tap the right arrow to reveal it). Tap it.
How do I change from iMessage to text for one contact?
- Make sure both the sender and receiver are connected to the internet.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings.
- Tap Messages.
- Slide the “iMessage” switch to On.
- Slide the “Send as SMS” switch to Off.
- Scroll down and tap Send & Receive.
- Select your email address and phone number.
- Press the Home button to return to the home screen.
Why are my messages being sent as text and not iMessage?
This could be caused if there is no Internet connection. If the option to “Send as SMS” is turned off, the iMessage will not be delivered until the device is back online. You can force an undelivered iMessage to be sent as a regular text message regardless of the “Send as SMS” setting.
How do I change iMessage to text for one contact?
My solution to this is simple:
- On your iPhone, go to the Message app.
- Tap the “New Message” icon.
- In the To field, select the Contact that you wish to stop sending texts via iMessage to.
- In the message field, type “?” and tap the Send button.
- Hold your finger on the new text “bubble” and select “Send as Text Message”.
Can I turn iMessage off for one person?
Double click the text if you have already sent it. Then you will have an option as sending it as a text messages and hopefully it will go through. You might want to try heading over to your iMessage setting (located in Settings > Messages) and toggle the switch to turn iMessage off then back on again.
What’s the difference between iMessage and text message?
If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you can send iMessages without using your cellular data or text messaging plan. iMessage is faster than SMS or MMS: SMS and MMS messages are sent using different technology than your iPhone uses to connect to the internet.
How do I change from iMessage to text on iOS 12?
Open the Settings app, select Messages, and turn on Send as SMS. When an iMessage fails in the future it will automatically switch and try to send as a text message.
What does it mean when your iMessage goes from blue to green?
A green background means that the message you sent or received was delivered by SMS through your cellular provider. It also typically went to a non-iOS device such as an Android or Windows phone. You can check if iMessage is on or off your iPhone by going to your iPhone Settings (gear icon) and then to Messages.
How do you change from iMessage to text message?
Open the Settings application by tapping the “Settings” icon on your iPhone’s home screen. Tap the “Messages” row to open the Messages screen. Tap the switch next to “iMessage” so that it reads “Off.” Your iPhone will now send all messages in text message format instead of using the iMessage service.
Why is iMessage not working with one person?
First off, make sure “Send as SMS” is enabled in Settings > Messages. This makes it so a message will be send as a regular text message if iMessage doesn’t work. If it still won’t send, try turning iMessage off and on again.
Am I blocked if iMessage sent as text?
This happens Because when you send iMessage and on that time receiver cannot receive iMessage due to data problem, iMessage revert into normal SMS. It shows as “sent as text message” below to message. You can send a few iMessage and check it. If the same thing happens, you have been blocked by him.
Does green messages mean I’m blocked?
Either way, the person that has blocked you will never receive the messages. SO I have been blocked or put on Do Not Disturb? Blue or Green has nothing to do with being blocked. Blue means iMessage, i.e., messages sent through Apple, Green means messages sent through SMS.
Will iMessage send as text if blocked?
You can still use iMessage to text your former contact, but they’ll never receive the message or any notification of a text received in their Messages app. There is one clue that you’ve been blocked, though. If the previous iMessage says Delivered but the most recent one doesn’t, it can mean that you’ve been blocked.
How do I switch a contact back to iMessage?
Go to Settings > Messages and Turn OFF and then back ON your iMessage option. Now open back Message and try to send a message to your friend ‘s iPhone, but make sure to use the button at the Top-Left corner to find your friend and start the conversation, don’t just open your recent chat with him/her.
How do I change the number on my iMessage?
To change the defult phone number in iMessage, you need to:
- Insert the new sim.
- Go to Settings > Messages>Turn off iMessage.
- Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Once the iPhone is open.
- Go to Settings > Messages>Turn ON iMessage.
- This will recognize the new sim and have it verified.
How do I send iMessage instead of text?
Send your iMessages to contacts with email IDs. Enable Send as SMS under Settings -> Messages so that when iMessage fails, the message gets delivered as SMS. Of course, make sure you don’t overshoot your text allocation. If there’s still the red exclamation button, tap and hold on the message.
How do I change from iMessage to text message on iPhone 7?
How to Force Text Messages By Turning Off iMessage on Your iPhone
- Step 1: Tap the Settings icon.
- Step 2: Scroll down and select the Messages option.
- Step 3: Tap the button to the right of iMessage to turn it off. The setting is turned off when there is no green shading around the button.
Should I turn on send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable?
If the option “send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable” is enabled, the messsage will be send as an SMS. If the option “send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable” is disabled, the message will only be sent as an iMessage when your friend comes back online.
How do I stop sending iMessages to a non iPhone?
Here we go!
- Switch off iMessage on your iPhone.
- Take your phone number out of iCloud.
- Have your closest friends and loved ones delete and re-add your phone number from their contact lists.
- Ask your friends to hit “send as text message.”
- Wait 45 days before dumping your iPhone for a new non-Apple phone.
How do I make it not show names when I get a text message?
Go to Settings, then Notifications, and tap on Messages. Scroll down to the bottom and you’ll see an option called Show Previews. Tap the little toggle button so that it is no longer green. Now when you get a text or iMessage from someone, you will only see the name of the person and not the message.
Are iMessages free?
iMessage is free and unlimited but iMessage is only free for texting others over Wi-Fi using an iOS device or Mac with iMessage anywhere in the world and at home. So all iMessage texts are free over WiFi but regular (green) texts are not free with WiFi.
What happens if you turn off iMessage?
Turning Off iMessage. Even with the iMessage slider turned off, your phone number is still associated with your Apple ID. Therefore, when other iPhone users send a message to you, it is sent as an iMessage to your Apple ID. But, since the slider is turned off, the message is not delivered to your iPhone.
Why does iMessage say not delivered to one person?
The most likely answer is that the message to that person actually hasn’t been delivered — especially considering that they haven’t responded. If the sent message is blue, this means that your iPhone/iPad/iPod is still trying to deliver it via iMessage.
Why is my apple watch sending texts instead of iMessage?
Check your iMessage settings. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on. Then tap Send & Receive and make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID that your Apple Watch is using. If you aren’t signed in, sign in to iMessage with your Apple ID.
Why did my text messages turn from blue to green?
Sometimes a “blue” message does not get through and a “green” message is not sent instead. As others have said, it just means that your messages are going over SMS (carrier texting) rather than iMessage. So maybe the recipient turned off iMessage or lost all internet service. It can also mean you were blocked.