2. Update iOS Using iTunes without Wi-Fi
- Launch iTunes in PC and make connection between iPhone and PC using USB cord.
- Choose the device icon at the top left and hit on ‘Summary’ tab.
- Click on ‘Check for Update’ now followed by ‘Download and Update’.
Can I update my iPhone using cellular data?
How do l update an iOS using mobile data? It is true that you can’t directly update iOS with mobile data. However, if you hotspot your iOS device to a laptop or other computer, connect your device with a USB cable and open iTunes on the computer.
How do I download iOS update on cellular data?
Go to Settings, then choose Cellular or Mobile Data. Look for WiFi assist and turn it off. After disabling, iOS 10.3.1 will not consume your cellular data anymore for frequent updates, surfing, music when you are connected to your WiFi. Updating the latest iOS 12 to fix minor bugs and issue.
How do I backup my iPhone using cellular data?
How to turn cellular data on or off for iCloud Drive syncing
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on iCloud Drive.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and turn Off the option for Use Cellular Data.
How do I allow apps to update without WiFi?
To automatically update apps on your Android device:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- Select an option: Auto update apps at any time to update apps using either Wi-Fi or mobile data. Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only to update apps only when connected to Wi-Fi.
How do I update my iPhone with cellular data?
If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad
- Check your coverage area. Make sure that you’re in an area with cellular network coverage.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad. Restart your device.
- Check for a Carrier Settings update.
- Take out the SIM card.
- Reset your Network Settings.
- Update your iPhone or iPad.
- Contact your carrier.
- Get more help.
How do I update my cellular data?
You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you’ll see an option to update your carrier settings.
How can I download my iPhone over 100mb without WIFI?
How to Download Apps over 100 MB/150 MB without Wi-Fi on iPhone
- Step 1 Go to App Store and start downloading the app with size over 150MB you want.
- Step 2 Press OK on the error message.
- Step 3 Then, open Settings and go to General > Date & Time.
- Step 4 Turn off the automatic date setting and enter a date manually.
How do I update my iPhone without WIFI or computer?
- Connect your device to a computer. You can use your charger cable to plug in via a USB port.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- Click the icon shaped like your device.
- Click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
- Click Agree.
- Enter your passcode on your device, if prompted.
What happens if you don’t update your iPhone?
If you do find your apps slowing, though, try upgrading to the latest version of iOS to see if that sorts the problem. Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too. You’ll be able to check this in Settings.
Can u backup iPhone without WiFi?
As the #1 iOS data backup and transfer tool, AnyTrans can help you easily backup your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch even without Wi-Fi network. Download it now, and then use it to backup iPhone without Wi-Fi. As you know, we can easily backup iPhone with iCloud when our device connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
Can you restore iPhone without WiFi?
One needs to understand that when you are restoring your data from iCloud, it is impossible to do it without Wi-Fi. So, if you want to restore your iCloud backup, you would need a Wi-Fi connection.
Can you backup to iCloud using cellular data?
It’s at the bottom of the page. Documents, photos, or other data stored in iCloud Drive can now be synced using cellular data when WiFi is unavailable. This setting can only be applied for the iCloud Drive sections of iCloud. Cell data cannot be used for creating or updating iCloud backups.
How can I change update from WiFi to mobile data?
To enable this option:
- Go to Settings > About Phone > System Update.
- Tap on the Menu key > Settings.
- Select “Auto-download over Wi-Fi”.
Why does my phone say download pending?
1- Launch Settings in your Android phone and head over to the Apps section and then switch to “All” tab. Scroll down to Google Play Store app and then tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache. Clearing cache will help you fix the download pending problem in Play Store. Try to update your Play Store app version.
How do I change my download settings from WiFi to mobile data on my iPhone?
Disabling Automatic Downloads on iOS Devices
- On the Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll down the Settings menu and select iTunes & App Store.
- Scroll down this page until you see the AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS heading.
- To disable any of these options, move the sliders to the left so they turn white/grey.
Why is my cellular data not working on my iPhone?
The next troubleshooting step is to reset iOS network settings, and then turn the iPhone or iPad off and back on again. This can often resolve cellular data failures and it’s pretty simple: Open the Settings app and go to ‘General’ followed by ‘Reset’ Now hold down the Power button and turn the iPhone or iPad off.
How can I update my iPhone without iTunes?
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
What carrier is my iPhone locked to?
There is a $3 charge, however, to determine what carrier your device is actually locked to. You can determine the IMEI number of your iPhone in one of several ways. Dialing “*#06#” from the keypad in the Phone app will display your IMEI number to you, You can also find it in the Settings app under General, About.
What are carrier settings update on an iPhone?
Carrier settings updates are small files that can include updates from Apple and your carrier to carrier-related settings, such as network, calling, cellular data, messaging, personal hotspot, and voicemail settings. You may receive notifications from time to time to install new carrier-settings updates.
Why does my iPhone say no service but has WIFI?
Take Out Your SIM Card. Your iPhone’s SIM card links your iPhone to your carrier’s cellular network. It’s how your carrier distinguishes your iPhone from all the others. Sometimes, your iPhone will stop saying No Service simply by removing your SIM card from your iPhone and putting it back in again.
What does Cellular Update mean?
A carrier settings update is an update released by your cell phone carrier or Apple to improve your iPhone’s ability to connect to your carrier’s cellular network.
Do iPhone updates ruin your phone?
A few months after Apple came under fire for slowing down older iPhones, an update has been released which allows users to disable that feature. The update is called iOS 11.3, which users can download by navigating to “Settings” on their mobile devices, selecting “General,” and then selecting “software update.”
Can I not update my iPhone?
If you still can’t install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again: Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
What happens if I update my iPhone?
Make a backup of your device using iCloud or iTunes. If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed.
Can I use cellular data to backup iPhone?
How to Use Cellular Data to Back Up iPhone. To keep iPhone users from incurring high internet bills, the ability to sync your iPhone with iCloud Drive using cellular data is disabled by default. Using iCloud to back up your iPhone will work initially with a Wi-Fi connection.
Can you restore iPhone over cellular?
You may have noticed that Apple doesn’t allow iCloud backup restoration through cellular data. In other words, as per the restrictions implemented by Apple, if you intend to restore your iCloud backup, it is mandatory to have a Wi-Fi connection.
Does iCloud use cellular data?
iCloud Drive is a really great addition to iOS 9, but if you use it often and have a ton of files going back and forth, it can be fairly data hungry. Turning this off will help: Go to the Settings app and choose “iCloud” Go to “iCloud Drive” and toggle ‘Use Cellular Data’ to the OFF position.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”