Update 2: According to Apple’s official press release, the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, and fifth-generation iPod Touch will not run iOS 10.
iPad Mini 2 and newer.
Is my iPad compatible with iOS 10?
Not if you’re still on the iPhone 4s or want to run iOS 10 on the original iPad mini or iPads older than the iPad 4. 12.9 and 9.7-inch iPad Pro. iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 4. iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
How do you update an old iPad?
Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
Can you update an old iPad to iOS 10?
Update 2: According to Apple’s official press release, the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, and fifth-generation iPod Touch will not run iOS 10. iPad Mini 2 and newer.
How do I update my old iPad to iOS 11?
How to Update iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 Directly on the Device via Settings
- Back up the iPhone or iPad to iCloud or iTunes before beginning.
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then to “Software Update”
- Wait for “iOS 11” to appear and choose “Download & Install”
- Agree to the various terms and conditions.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”