To fix that do the following:
- Go to menu Install OS X Mountain Lion -> Quit Instal OS X.
- Select Disk Utility.
- Select your disk on the left side.
- Select erase tab on the right side.
- Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Name: Give it a name.
- Click erase.
- Quit Disk Utility and continue with installation as you did.
How do I do a clean install of OSX?
So, let us begin.
- Step 1: Clean up your Mac.
- Step 2: Back up your data.
- Step 3: Clean Install macOS Sierra on your startup disk.
- Step 1: Erase your non-startup drive.
- Step 2: Download the macOS Sierra Installer from the Mac App Store.
- Step 3: Start the Installation of macOS Sierra on the Non-startup drive.
How do I install Mac OS on a new SSD?
With the SSD plugged in to your system you’ll need to run Disk Utility to partition the drive with GUID and format it with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition. The next step is to download from the Apps Store the OS installer. Run the installer selecting the SSD drive it will install a fresh OS onto your SSD.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall OS?
Select your startup drive on the left (typically Macintosh HD), switch to the Erase tab and choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format drop-down menu. Select Erase and then confirm your choice. Quit out of the Disk Utility app, and this time choose Reinstall OS X and Continue.
How do I reinstall Mac OS X from Disk Utility?
How to reinstall MacOS via Recovery
- Start up your Mac while holding down Command+R until you hear the startup chime and see either a spinning globe or Apple logo.
- A macOS Utilities window will open, on which you will see the options to Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall macOS, Get Help Online and Disk Utility.
How do I reinstall OSX?
Step 4: Reinstall a clean Mac operating system
- Restart your Mac.
- While the startup disc is waking up, hold down the Command+R keys simultaneously.
- Click on Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X where applicable) to reinstall the operating system that came with your Mac.
- Click on Continue.
How do you run a clean install of macOS High Sierra?
How to Perform a Clean Install of macOS High Sierra
- Step 1: Backup Your Mac. As noted, we’re going to completely erase everything on the Mac.
- Step 2: Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Installer.
- Step 3: Erase and Reformat the Mac’s Boot Drive.
- Step 4: Install macOS High Sierra.
- Step 5: Restore Data, Files and Apps.
How do I install OSX on an external hard drive?
- Download Mac OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.
- Connect the external hard drive you want to install OS X Lion on to your Mac.
- Navigate to Applications>Utilities> and double-click Disk Utility.
- Select the hard drive you connected from the pane on the left within Disk Utility.
How do I install Windows on a new SSD?
How to Install Windows 10 on SSD
- Step 1: Run EaseUS Partition Master, select “Migrate OS” from the top menu.
- Step 2: Select the SSD or HDD as the destination disk and click “Next”.
- Step 3: Preview the layout of your target disk.
- Step 4: A pending operation of migrating OS to SSD or HDD will be added.
How do you install a new operating system on a Mac?
How to install a fresh copy of OS X on your Mac
- Shut down your Mac.
- Press the Power button (the button marked with a O with a 1 through it)
- Immediately press the command (cloverleaf) key and R together.
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet through Wi-Fi.
- Select Install Mac OS X, then click Continue.
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
Technically speaking, simple reinstalling macOS won’t erase your disk either delete files. You probably don’t need to erase, unless you’re selling or giving away your Mac or having an issue that requires you to wipe.
How do I reinstall Mac OS without recovery mode?
Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Command+R’ buttons. Release these buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo. Your Mac should now boot into Recovery Mode. Select ‘Reinstall macOS,’ and then click ‘Continue.’
How do I start my Mac in recovery mode?
How to enter Recovery Mode. 1) In the Apple menu choose Restart, or power on your Mac. 2) As your Mac restarts, hold down the Command (⌘) – R combination immediately upon hearing the startup chime. Hold the keys until the Apple logo appears.
How do I reinstall OSX without losing data?
How to Update & Reinstall macOS Without Losing Data
- Start up your Mac from macOS Recovery.
- Select “Reinstall macOS” from the Utilities Window and click “Continue”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select the hard drive you want to install the OS on and start the installation.
- Don’t put your Mac to sleep mode or close its lid during the installation.
How do I reinstall Mac OS without Apple ID?
- With Mac off Hold CMD + R and tap power button to turn on computer.
- Still holding CMD + R wait for recovery screen to appear that gives reinstall option.
- Before clicking reinstall click ‘disk utility’
- On disk utility click the ‘Macintosh HD’ then the erase tab on the right.
How long does it take to reinstall Mac OS?
Depends on what kind of Mac you have and method of install. Typically, if you have a stock 5400 rpm drive, it takes about 30 – 45 minutes using a USB installer. If you are using the internet recovery route, it can take over an hour, depending on speed of internet etc.
How do you restore a Mac?
How to restore your Mac from a local backup
- Restart your Mac.
- While the startup disc is waking up, hold down the Command and R keys simultaneously.
- Click on Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Select your Mac’s hard drive.
- Click the Restore tab at the top of the Disk Utility window.
How do you reset a Mac OS?
Here’s how to reset a MacBook:
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Could not find installation information for this machine?
If you are installing mac os on a fresh Hard Drive then rather pressing cmd + R on startup, you need to press and hold only alt/opt key on system startup. In Recovery Mode you have to format your Disk using Disk Utility and Choose OS X Extended (Journaled) as drive format before you click Reinstall OS X.
Should I install macOS High Sierra?
Apple’s macOS High Sierra update is free to all users and there is no expiration on the free upgrade, so you don’t need to be in a rush to install it. Most apps and services will work on macOS Sierra for at least another year. While some are already updated for macOS High Sierra, others are still not quite ready.
How do I install macOS High Sierra?
How to install macOS High Sierra
- Launch the App Store app, located in your Applications folder.
- Look for macOS High Sierra in the App Store.
- This should bring you to the High Sierra section of the App Store, and you can read Apple’s description of the new OS there.
- When the download finishes, the installer will automatically launch.
How do I download macOS High Sierra?
Here’s how to get it:
- Click here to download macOS High Sierra from the App Store from MacOS Mojave, then click the “Get” button, this will redirect to the Software Update control panel.
- From the Software Update preference panel, confirm that you want to download macOS High Sierra by choosing “Download”
How do I update my operating system on my Mac?
To download the new OS and install it you’ll need to do the next:
- Open App Store.
- Click Updates tab in the top menu.
- You’ll see Software Update — macOS Sierra.
- Click Update.
- Wait for Mac OS download and installation.
- Your Mac will restart when it’s done.
- Now you have Sierra.
Can I install high Sierra on my Mac?
Apple’s next Mac operating system, MacOS High Sierra, is here. As with past OS X and MacOS releases, MacOS High Sierra is a free update and available via the Mac App Store. Learn if your Mac is compatible with MacOS High Sierra and, if so, how to prepare it before downloading and installing the update.
Is Mac OS Sierra still available?
If you have hardware or software that isn’t compatible with macOS Sierra, you might be able to install the previous version, OS X El Capitan. macOS Sierra won’t install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
How do I reinstall Mojave on Mac without disc?
How to Reinstall MacOS Mojave
- Backup the Mac before going any further, do not skip making a full backup.
- Restart the Mac, then immediately hold down the COMMAND + R keys together immediately to boot into macOS Recovery Mode (alternatively, you can also hold down OPTION during boot and select Recovery from the boot menu)
How do I reinstall Mac from recovery partition?
Reinstall Mac Operating System From The Recovery Partition
- Turn on the Mac and immediately press and hold down both the Command key and the R key.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear in the middle of the screen you can release the Command and R keys.
- When the Mac has completed its startup, you should see a window similar this one:
How do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
Step-by-step Guide to Reset Mac to Factory Settings
- Restart in Recovery Mode.
- Erase Data from Mac Hard Drive.
- a. In the macOS Utilities window, choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- b. Choose your startup disk and click Erase.
- c. Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the format.
- d. Click Erase.
- e. Wait until the process is finished.
- Reinstall macOS (optional)
Photo in the article by “Ybierling”