How do I open BIOS settings?
In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How do I open BIOS on Windows 10?
F12 key method
- Turn the computer on.
- If you see an invitation to press the F12 key, do so.
- Boot options will appear along with the ability to enter Setup.
- Using the arrow key, scroll down and select <Enter Setup>.
- Press Enter.
- The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.
- If this method does not work, repeat it, but hold F12.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
How do I reset my BIOS to default?
Reset the BIOS to Default Settings (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS Setup utility. See Accessing BIOS.
- Press the F9 key to automatically load the factory default settings. …
- Confirm the changes by highlighting OK, then press Enter. …
- To save the changes and exit the BIOS Setup utility, press the F10 key.
How do I boot into Windows BIOS?
To boot to UEFI or BIOS:
- Boot the PC, and press the manufacturer’s key to open the menus. Common keys used: Esc, Delete, F1, F2, F10, F11, or F12. …
- Or, if Windows is already installed, from either the Sign on screen or the Start menu, select Power ( ) > hold Shift while selecting Restart.
How do I get into BIOS if UEFI is missing?
Type msinfo32 and press Enter to open the System Information screen. Select System Summary on the left-hand side pane. Scroll down on the right-hand side pane and look for the BIOS Mode option. Its value should either be UEFI or Legacy.
How do I get to advanced BIOS settings?
Please load bios defaults and check if it works by performing these steps:
- Please keep tapping the Esc key gently several times as soon as you power on the computer.
- It takes you to the startup menu.
- Then press the F10 key to go the bios.
- Then press F9 load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.”
How do I change BIOS settings in Windows?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.