You can lower the auto-lock period by going to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock.
Remember: lower is better.
Why is my auto lock greyed out on my iPhone?
The main reason for Auto Lock option being greyed out on iPhone is due to Low Power Mode being enabled on your iPhone. Since, Low Power Mode aims to increase the battery life on iPhone, it keeps the Auto Lock setting locked to the lowest possible value on your device (locked to 30 seconds).
Where is auto lock on iPhone?
How to turn off Auto-Lock on your iPhone and iPad
- Launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on Display & Brightness.
- Tap on Auto Lock.
- Tap on the Never option.
Why is my phone not auto locking?
The reason for this problem could be that your iPhone is in Low Power Mode which restricts the auto-lock to only 30 seconds. This happens automatically in order to conserve power. Once you have recharged your device you can disable the Low Power Mode and the auto-lock setting will also be enabled.
Where is screen lock on iPad?
Turn Portrait Orientation Lock Off
- Access the Control Center by touching the top-right corner of any screen then dragging downward.
- Tap the Portrait Orientation Lock icon to turn off. If you don’t see the Portrait Orientation icon, and your iPad has a Side Switch, view this info.
Why wont my iPhone let me change the time?
Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. Turn on Set Automatically1 in Settings > General > Date & Time. This automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone. To do this, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and select Setting Time Zone.
Why can’t I change my auto lock on iPhone 8?
If you experience this, it is likely that your device is in Low Power Mode to help save battery life. In Low Power Mode, Auto-Lock is set to 30 seconds. To fix this, simply turn off Low Power Mode by going to Settings > Battery > and toggle off Low Power Mode. You can easily change the auto-lock settings.
How do I turn on auto lock on my iPhone?
3. How to Fix Grayed-Out Auto-Lock Setting on iPhone
- Open Settings on iPhone.
- Tap Battery.
- Toggle Off Low Power Mode. It’s now fixed.
- Navigate back to Auto Lock in Display & Brightness (depending on your iOS) and freely change the Auto-Lock time.
How do I change auto lock on iPhone 8?
Apple® iPhone® 8 / 8 Plus – Phone Lock
- From the lock screen, press the Home button then enter the passcode if prompted.
- Tap Settings then tap Display & Brightness.
- Tap Auto-Lock then select the auto-lock time interval (e.g., 1 Minute, 2 Minutes, 5 minutes, etc.).
- Tap Back then tap Settings.
Why can’t I click on Auto lock?
If the Auto-Lock options is greyed out on your device, too, that’s because your iPhone is in Low Power Mode. “When in Low Power Mode, Auto-Lock is restricted to 30 seconds” to help conserve power, according to the official description which appears when the device is in Low Power Mode.
What is iPhone auto lock?
The Auto-lock feature on your iPhone allows you to set the amount of time that elapses before the iPhone automatically locks or turns off the display. Or, you can set Auto-lock so that the iPhone never locks automatically.
How do I fix the lock button on my iPhone?
A temporary fix would be the gesture button.. Go to settings>general>accessibility>assistivetouch and turn it on. Then when the button shows on your screen you press it, then go to device and press and hold the lock screen then the power off device will show so you just slide it over to power off device.
Why does my iPhone not go into sleep mode?
When the iPhone 6 Plus won’t enter sleep mode, try the reset. It’s quite simple. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time for about 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
How do I unlock rotation lock on iPad?
How to enable rotation lock on iPad
- Pull down Control Center from the top right.
- Make sure your iPad is in the orientation you’d like it to be locked in.
- Underneath the system functions (Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc)., tap on the rotation lock icon (padlock with a circular arrow around it).
How do I turn off rotation lock on iPad iOS 12?
If Side Switch is set to Mute
- To Unlock orientation lock. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center. Tap the lock icon, so it’s grayed out. You should also see a message “Portrait Orientation Lock: Off.”
- The lock icon at the top of your iPad screen should disappear.
How do you turn off screen lock on iPad?
Turning the screen lock on my tablet on or off
- Choose one of the following options: Turn screen lock on or off, go to 1a.
- To turn on the screen lock: Briefly tap On/Off.
- To turn off the screen lock: Briefly tap On/Off.
- Drag the arrow right.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Auto-Lock.
- To turn on automatic screen lock: Tap the required interval.
Why is my iPhone time wrong?
Fixing Wrong Date & Time Showing on iPhone or iPad. Open the “Settings” app and go to “General”, then to “Date & Time” Toggle the switch for “Set Automatically” to the ON position (if this is already set ON, turn it OFF for about 15 seconds, then toggle it back ON to refresh)
Do iphones automatically change timezones?
In most cases the iPhone will automatically adjust to the right time when we spring ahead on March 10th. You don’t need to change the time or settings if your iPhone is configured to Set Automatically. Go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time to make sure your iPhone is configured to automatically show the right time.
How do I update carrier settings?
You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you’ll see an option to update your carrier settings.