How do I clean my IOS system files?
How to clear the cache on an iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (starting with Passwords & Accounts). Tap Safari.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- In the popup, tap ‘Clear History and Data’ to confirm.
Why is my system storage so high iPhone?
In a few months or so, these temporary files could be taking up GBs of space on the iPhone. Besides, files that you download as a part of System management can also cause the System storage to stay high.
Why is other taking up half my storage?
Your device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space. Since Finder and iTunes categorize cached files as Other, reported usage for Music or Videos might differ. To view usage on your device, go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage.
How do I delete system storage?
To download more apps and media, or help your phone run better, you can clear space on your phone. Storage is where you keep data, like music and photos.
Free up storage
- Open the Google Play app with the content, like Play Music or Play Movies & TV.
- Tap the Menu Settings Manage downloads.
- Tap Downloaded Remove.
What does Clear Cache mean?
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.
How do I delete system data?
Here’s how to factory reset your phone:
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap on General Management and tap on Reset.
- Select the Factory data reset option.
- On the final screen, confirm by tapping Reset Device and Delete All.
What do I do when my iPhone storage is full?
21 Fixes for the iPhone “Storage Almost Full” Message
- TIP #1: Delete unused apps.
- Tip #2: Delete preinstalled apps data.
- Tip #3: Find out which apps are taking up the most space.
- Tip #4: Mass purge old conversations.
- Tip #5: Turn off Photo Stream.
- Tip #6: Don’t keep HDR photos.
- Tip #7: Listen to your music with pCloud.
How do I optimize my iPhone storage?
Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. Turn on iCloud Photos. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.
Why do I have 40gb of other storage on iPhone?
The “Other” category on your iPhone is basically the caches of all the apps, settings preferences, saved messages, voice memos, etc. There is no simple way to identify and remove data in the Other storage category. With a bit of patience, you can reduce the amount of space it takes up on your device.
What is the most storage you can get on an iPhone?
When you buy your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, it comes with a set storage capacity ranging from 16GB to 512GB for iPhone, 16GB to 1TB for iPad, and 8GB to 256GB for iPod touch.
What does other files mean in storage?
WHEN YOU CHECK up your storage space on your phone, tablet, or computer, it’s normally broken up into different sections. You have your apps (are the bread and butter of your phone), images and video, audio, cached data (temporary data from a website or app designed to make them load up faster) and the ‘other’ file.