Right-click the Desktop, select View. Make sure Auto arrange icons is unchecked. Make sure Align icons to grid is unchecked as well. Reboot and see if the issue is resolved.
How do I keep my desktop icons from moving around?
To disable Auto Arrange, perform these steps:
- Right-click the desktop.
- Select View.
- Point to Arrange Icons by.
- Click Auto Arrange to remove the check mark next to it.
Why does my icons keep moving Windows 10?
In most cases, the “Windows 10 desktop icons moving” issue seems to be caused by an outdated driver for the video card, faulty video card or outdated, corrupted or incompatible drivers, corrupt user profile, corrupt Icon Cache, etc.
Why does windows keep rearranging my desktop icons?
1. Some programs (such as computer games in particular) change the screen resolution when you run them. When it happens, Windows automatically re-arranges the desktop icons to fit the new screen size. When you exit the game, the screen resolution may change back, but the icons have already been re-arranged.
How do I lock my icons on my desktop Windows 10?
- In your desktop, right click on an open area.
- Select Personalise, click Themes on the left menu.
- Remove the checkmark on Allow themes to change desktop icons, then click Apply.
- Arrange your icons where you want them to be.
How do I move my desktop icons to the right side in Windows 10?
To arrange icons by name, type, date, or size, right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Arrange Icons. Click the command that indicates how you want to arrange the icons (by Name, by Type, and so on). If you want the icons to be automatically arranged, click Auto Arrange.
Why is my desktop shifted to the left?
If your screen shifts to the right or left, simply check your graphics card control panel software or reconfigure the monitor using the physical keys on it.
How do I save my Desktop layout in Windows 10?
Go to Edit>Restore Icon Layout and your layout will be restored instantly. You can create and save as many icon layouts as you want, and restore whichever one suits you the best. The app works pretty well with a multi-monitor setup.
How do I fix my icons on Windows 10?
Press Windows key + R, type: cleanmgr.exe, and hit Enter. Scroll down, check the box next to Thumbnails and click OK. So, those are your options if your icons ever start misbehaving.
How do I turn off Auto Arrange in Windows 10?
To disable auto–arrange for Desktop shortcuts, right click desktop to choose View, then untick Auto Arrange. Move your icons where you want them, if any row along the edge won’t keep icons in place, zoom in or out a bit using Ctrl key + mouse zoom or +/- key until the row will fit comfortably.