By default, the Documents option is hidden in the Windows 10 Start menu. However, you can re-enable this feature if you want to have another method of accessing your Documents.
How do I find My Documents on Windows 10?
Open File Explorer (earlier called as Windows Explorer) by clicking on the Folder looking icon on the Taskbar. Under Quick access on the left side, there must be a folder with name Documents. Click on it, and it will show all the documents you earlier had or have saved recently.
Where do I find My Documents on my computer?
How do I find a file saved on my computer?
- Click the Home button at the bottom left corner.
- Then choose File Explorer.
- Click documents, then double click on the folder you saved the file in.
- Your file should appear. …
- If you saved the file on your desktop, you do not need to go through your home button to access it.
How do I recover My Documents in Windows 10?
Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties. Click Restore Default.
Does Windows 10 have recent Documents?
To access it, follow the steps: Press Windows Key + E. Under File Explorer, select Quick access. Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.
Why can’t I access my documents in Windows 10?
You don’t have the appropriate permissions
Right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties. Click the Security. Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have. To open a file, you have to have the Read permission.
Where are my PDF files in Windows 10?
3 Methods to Find PDF Files on My Computer
- Click the Start button on the bottom left in Windows 10. …
- In the taskbar, type in “*. …
- Search through the list of results and click on a file to open it in your default PDF application.
How do I view all Word Documents on my computer?
How to View All Microsoft Word Documents Stored on My Computer
- Click the “Start” button and select “Computer” to open Windows Explorer in your “Computer” folder.
- Type “ext:doc” in the top, right search box to automatically view all doc or docx file on your computer.
Where is my download folder on my computer?
To view the Downloads folder, open File Explorer, then locate and select Downloads (below Favorites on the left side of the window). A list of your recently downloaded files will appear.
How do I recover documents?
To restore a file or folder that was deleted or renamed, follow these steps:
- Click the Computer icon on your desktop to open it up.
- Navigate to the folder that used to contain the file or folder, right-click it, and then click Restore previous versions.
How do I restore the default folder location in Windows 10?
After opening the folder on your PC, right-click on it and select Properties from the context menu. Now, you should see several tabs. Switch to the Locations tab and click the Restore Default button.
How do I recover a document from my documents?
To Restore That Important Missing File or Folder:
- Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Restore your files with File History.
- Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
- When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location.