WCF is automatically installed with . NET 3.0 and any higher version. However, you still need to install the WCF HTTP Activation feature yourself. When hosting Kentico on Microsoft Azure Web Apps or Cloud Services, WCF and the HTTP Activation feature are installed and enabled by default.
What is Windows Communications Foundation HTTP Activation?
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is a framework for building service-oriented applications. Using WCF, you can send data as asynchronous messages from one service endpoint to another. A service endpoint can be part of a continuously available service hosted by IIS, or it can be a service hosted in an application.
How do I enable Windows Communications Foundation?
- Open the Start menu.
- Navigate to Settings -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Under the Microsoft . NET Framework 3.5 node, turn the Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation checkbox on.
- Click OK to start the installation.
What is .NET HTTP Activation?
Windows Activation Service allows the developers to choose the most appropriate protocol for their needs. For HTTP, data transfer relies on the ASP.NET HTTP. For protocols such as TCP and Named Pipes, Windows Activation Service leverages the extensibility points of ASP.NET for transferring data.
What is WCF services HTTP Activation?
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) uses the listener adapter interface to communicate activation requests that are received over the non-HTTP protocols supported by WCF To allow this, configure HTTP Activation.
How do I enable HTTP Activation?
- In the Control Panel, under the Programs heading, select Turn windows features on or off.
- Select Server Selection in the list on the left.
- Select the name of the server where the feature needs to be installed, in the center pane.
- Select Features in the list on the left.
- Open the . …
- Select HTTP Activation.
Do I need Windows Process Activation Service?
You need both. From the documentation (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc735229(v=ws.10).aspx): Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) manages application pool configuration and the creation and lifetime of worker processes for HTTP and other protocols.
What does Windows Process Activation Service do?
The Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) of IIS 7 is the key component that provides process model and configuration features to Web Applications and Web Services. WAS major task is to manage Application Pools. Application Pools are configuration containers that represent the hosting environment for groups of URLs.
How do I host a Windows service?
The scenario is enabled by the managed Windows service hosting option that is a long-running WCF service hosted outside of Internet Information Services (IIS) in a secure environment that is not message activated. The lifetime of the service is controlled instead by the operating system.
How do I enable HTTP Activation in IIS?
To enable HTTP Activation
- In the Server Manager window, in the navigation pane, choose Features, and then choose Add Features.
- In the Select Features window, expand . …
- Select HTTP Activation window, expand Common HTTP Features, and then select Static Content.
How do I connect to KMS server?
- Right Click on the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)
- Run the command cscript slmgr. vbs -skms fsu-kms-01.fsu.edu to configure computer for the KMS activation server.
- Run the command cscript slmgr. vbs -ato to activate the computer with the KMS server.
- Finally run cscript slmgr.
How do I run Windows Process Activation Service?
In this article
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
- In the left navigation pane, right-click Features, and then click Add Features.
- On the Select Features pane, scroll down to Windows Process Activation Service.
- Select the check boxes for Process Model.
What is Windows Activation Server?
What is a Windows activation server? These are the servers Microsoft has dedicated to activating their software. Without connecting to these servers, it is difficult to activate the software.
How configure WCF in IIS?
Hosting a WCF Service in IIS / C#
- Step 1: Create a new Visual Studio project. Choose the WCF installed template and create a new WCF Service Application:
- Step 2: Create your web service code. Update the IService1. …
- Step 3: Create the IIS service. …
- Step 4 – consume the web service. …
- Step 5: Consume the service.
What is TCP port sharing?
TCP Port Sharing Service provides a layer of processing between applications and the network, applications that use port sharing should still be secured as if they were directly listening on the network. Specifically, applications that use port sharing should evaluate the process privileges under which they run.
How install WCF in IIS?
In this article
- Ensure That IIS, ASP.NET and WCF Are Correctly Installed and Registered.
- Create a New IIS Application or Reuse an Existing ASP.NET Application.
- Create an .svc File for the WCF Service.
- Deploy the Service Implementation to the IIS Application.
- Configure the WCF Service.
- See also.