Why do my icons have arrows on them?
When files or folders are compressed, they appear as having two blue arrows overlaid on the icon. Depending on your File Explorer settings, you may see icons that look larger or smaller. The following screen shot shows an example of these icons.
How do I get rid of Run as administrator icon?
a. Right-click on the program’s shortcut (or exe file) and choose Properties. b. Switch to the compatibility tab and uncheck the box next to “Run this program as an administrator”.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 will officially launch on 5 October. Both a free upgrade for those Windows 10 devices that are eligible and pre-loaded on new computers are due. This means that we need to talk about security and, specifically, Windows 11 malware.
How do I remove shortcuts from my desktop without deleting them?
Hover over the icon you want to remove, click on it, hold the button down (or keep your finger on the touchpad), and then drag the icon to the bottom of the screen, releasing it over the “Trash” icon.
How do I turn off Fn lock?
To disable FN Lock, press the FN key, and the Caps Lock key at the same time again.
How do I turn off hotkey mode?
- Access the BIOS (method to enter BIOS in Windows 8.1, Windows 10).
- Once in the BIOS menu, select the Configuration tab.
- Select Hotkey Mode and set to Disabled.
- Save and Exit the BIOS menu (press F10 and then Enter).
What does the green check mark on my desktop icons mean?
The green check-mark means that the file is on your computer and also synced with OneDrive. … You can add this property by right-clicking the file and selecting Always Keep On This Device.
How do I know if NTFS is enabled?
To enable NTFS compression on a hard drive, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on This PC from the left pane.
- Under the “Devices and drives” section, right-click the storage that you wish to compress, and select the Properties option.
- Check the Compress this drive to save disk space option.