Click Start ( ), click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore. The Restore system files and settings window opens. Select Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.
Where do I find System Restore?
Use System Restore
- Select the Start button, then type control panel in the search box next to the Start button on the taskbar and select Control Panel (Desktop app) from the results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery, and select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
How do I reinstall a program I just uninstalled?
Method 2. Use System Restore to Recover Uninstalled Programs
- Select the Start button and click Settings (the cog icon).
- Search for Recovery in Windows Settings.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Select a restore point that was made before you uninstalled the program. Then, click Next.
How do I recover lost programs on my computer?
To Restore That Important Missing File or Folder:
- Type Restore files in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Restore your files with File History.
- Look for the file you need, then use the arrows to see all its versions.
- When you find the version you want, select Restore to save it in its original location.
How do you completely reset a Windows computer?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I run System Restore from command prompt?
How to Start System Restore From the Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt, if it’s not already open. …
- Type the following command in the text box or Command Prompt window: rstrui.exe. …
- The System Restore wizard will open immediately.
How do I find uninstalled programs on Windows 7?
In the Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs, and select Application. Right click Application and click Filter Current Log. In the new dialog, for the Event sources drop down list, select MsiInstaller. One of the events should reveal the user who uninstalled the application.
How do I reinstall an app I uninstalled and reset my computer?
How to reinstall missing apps on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Select the app with the problem.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click the Uninstall button to confirm.
- Open the Store.
- Search for the app you just uninstalled.
Will System Restore reinstall uninstalled programs?
System Restore can revert your operating system to a point before a program was uninstalled. … Any new programs that were installed after the program you want to recover was uninstalled will also be lost if you perform the restore, so you have to decide if it is worth the tradeoff.
How do I restore the Recycle Bin in Windows 7?
How to recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin without software?
- Open the Start menu and type “file history” .
- Select the “Restore your files with File History” option.
- Click the History button to show all your backed up folders.
- Select what you want to restore and click the Restore button.
Will System Restore delete my files?
Although System Restore can change all your system files, Windows updates and programs, it will not remove/delete or modify any of your personal files like your photos, documents, music, videos, emails stored on your hard drive. … System Restore will not delete or clean viruses, or other malware.