Type the body of the message here and press [ctrl] + [d] to send. This will attach the file to the outbound email correctly with proper Content-Type and boundary headers.
How do I attach a file to an email in Linux?
4 Ways to Send Email Attachment from Linux Command Line
- Using mail Command. mail is part of the mailutils (On Debian) and mailx (On RedHat) package and it is used to process messages on the command line. …
- Using mutt Command. …
- Using mailx Command. …
- Using mpack Command.
How send attachment with Uuencode Linux?
To send an attachment from the email, use uuencode command. On RedHat (and related distributions), uuencode is part of the sharutils package. So, install the sharutils as shown below. Once you’ve confirmed that you have uuencode, send the email with an attachment as shown below.
How do I send an email with mailx?
Sending an Email
- Writing the message directly in the command line: To send a simple email, use the “-s” flag to set the subject in quotes which is followed by the email of the receiver. …
- Taking the message from a file $ mail -s “A mail sent using mailx” email@example.com < /path/to/file.
How do I write an email with an attachment?
Some more examples:
- Please find the attached file for your review.
- Please find the attached file for your request.
- Please find the attached file you requested.
- Please find attached the file you have requested.
- Please find the attached file for your reference.
- Please find attached file for your kind reference.
How do I send an email using mutt command?
Send an email with mutt command
- Change recipient email address pressing t.
- Change Cc address with c.
- Attach files as attachments with a.
- Quit from the interface with q.
- Send that email by pressing y.
How do I zip a file in Linux?
The easiest way to zip a folder on Linux is to use the “zip” command with the “-r” option and specify the file of your archive as well as the folders to be added to your zip file. You can also specify multiple folders if you want to have multiple directories compressed in your zip file.
How do I send multiple attachments with uuencode?
uuencode can also be used to sent multiple attachments. The first line encodes the file “my_file” and creates the file “my_attachment”. The second line uses mailx to send the file “my_attachment” to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “This is a mail with only one attachment”.
How do I know if mailx is installed on Linux?
On CentOS/Fedora based systems, there is only one package named “mailx” which is the heirloom package. To find out what mailx package is installed on your system, check the “man mailx” output and scroll down to the end and you should see some useful information.
What is mail command in Unix?
The mail command allows you to read or send mail. If users is left blank, it allows you to read mail. If users has a value, then it allows you send mail to those users.
How do I read mail in Linux?
prompt, enter the number of the mail you want to read and press ENTER . Press ENTER to scroll through the message line by line and press q and ENTER to return to the message list. To exit mail , type q at the ? prompt and then press ENTER .