Locate the entry for the menu entry > properties > click on the current icon > select browse and navigate to your preferred icon in the file browser GUI that will open. Once you’ve set the menu entry’s icons you can use add to panel, add to desktop etc to make launchers as you wish using the new icon.
How do I install icons in Linux Mint?
Anyway, I usually open mint menu, go to preference, select theme. On opened theme window, select customise, then move to the ‘icon’ tab. From that tab, select install, and point to the location where you keep your icon set.
How do I install new icons?
How to Install Icons on a Computer
- Use a preinstalled icon. To view available icons already on your system, right-click the Windows desktop and select “Personalize.” Select “Change desktop icon” and view all icons on the system.
- Download icons sets. …
- Create icons using an online conversion tool.
Where are icons located in Linux?
Well most icons can be found in either /home/user/icons or /usr/share/icons. Make sure the icon theme you are using is copied in both of the folders and you should have that icon set system wide.
How do I install XFCE icons?
To install an Xfce theme or icon set manually, do the following:
- Download the archive.
- Extract it with the right click of your mouse.
- Create the . icons and . themes folders in your home directory. …
- Move the extracted theme folders to the ~/. theme folder and the extracted icons to the ~/. icons folder.
Where do I put gnome icons?
Go to desktop>gnome>shell>windows and type in the name of the theme (exactly!). Then do alt+F2 and it should reload, plus add it to your options in gnome-tweak. For icon themes: Extract the folder containing the icon data into /usr/share/icons.
Where are icons located in Ubuntu?
Where Ubuntu stores the application icons: Ubuntu stores the application shortcut icons as . desktop files. Most of them are available in /usr/share/applications directory, and few in .
How do I change a file icon in Linux?
Changing the Icon for a File or Folder
- Select the file or folder that you want to change.
- Choose File->Properties. …
- On the Basic tabbed section, click on the current Icon. …
- Use the Select custom icon dialog to choose the icon to represent the file or folder.
- Click Close to close the properties dialog.