How can I boot Windows 8 from USB?
Step 2 Enter Boot Menu with Function Key or Novo Button
- Option 1: Plug in bootable USB disk (USB Stick). Restart the PC, then press F12 (Fn+F12) to boot from USB disk.
- Option 2:
- Note: If you need to disable secure boot to boot from a USB device, see this link: Disabling Secure Boot.
How do I boot directly from USB?
How to boot from USB Windows 10
- Alter the BIOS sequence on your PC so your USB device is first. …
- Install the USB device on any USB port on your PC. …
- Restart your PC. …
- Watch for a “Press any key to boot from external device” message on your display. …
- Your PC should boot from your USB drive.
How do I select boot drive in Windows 8?
From within Windows, press and hold the Shift key and click the “Restart” option in the Start menu or on the sign-in screen. Your PC will restart into the boot options menu. Select the “Use a device” option on this screen and you can choose a device you want to boot from, such as a USB drive, DVD, or network boot.
How do I get USB to boot from BIOS?
Boot from USB: Windows
- Press the Power button for your computer.
- During the initial startup screen, press ESC, F1, F2, F8 or F10. …
- When you choose to enter BIOS Setup, the setup utility page will appear.
- Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select the BOOT tab. …
- Move USB to be first in the boot sequence.
How do I boot from USB in UEFI mode?
How Do I Boot From USB in UEFI Mode
- Power on your computer, and then press the F2 keys or other function keys (F1, F3, F10, or F12) and the ESC or Delete keys to open the Setup utility window.
- Navigate to the Boot tab by pressing the right arrow key.
- Select the UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode, and press Enter.
How do I boot Windows from USB?
Connect the USB flash drive to a new PC. Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive. Windows Setup starts.
How do I boot from USB in command prompt?
Step 1: Using DISKPART Command
- Insert your USB flash drive to your running computer. …
- Type ‘diskpart’ on Command Prompt (without quotes) and hit Enter. …
- Type ‘list disk’ to view active disks on your computer and hit Enter. …
- Type ‘select disk 1’ to determine that disk 1 would be processed in the next step then hit Enter.
How do I reinstall Windows 8 on my laptop?
To perform a Windows 8 Reset:
- Press “Win-C” or navigate to the Charms Bar in either the top right or bottom right of your screen.
- Click on the “Settings” tab, press “Change PC Settings,” and then navigate to “General.”
- Scroll down the page until you see “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows.” Click “Get Started.”
How do I change the boot drive in Windows 8?
- Enter the BIOS menu. …
- Once the Boot menu has been found, search for the Boot Order to be changed. …
- To change which device to boot from first, follow the directions on the BIOS setup utility screen to change the boot order.
- In this example the boot order can be changed using the + and – keys.