How do I create a shortcut for an app in Windows 8?
1To create a new shortcut, first click the File Explorer icon on the taskbar. 2Locate a file or folder and then right-click and choose Create Shortcut. 3Click and drag the shortcut that appears to the Desktop. Double-click the icon to open the file or folder.
How do I put an icon on my desktop in Windows 8?
To put the Computer icon on the Desktop, right-click in any empty space on the Desktop and select Personalize from the popup menu. On the Personalization dialog box, click the Change desktop icons link in the list on the left.
How do I create a desktop shortcut for an app?
Method 1: Desktop Apps Only
- Select the Windows button to open the Start menu.
- Select All apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to create a desktop shortcut for.
- Select More.
- Select Open file location. …
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Select Create shortcut.
- Select Yes.
How do I add a shortcut to the Start menu in Windows 8?
More videos on YouTube
- On the Start menu, left-click on the Desktop tile.
- Right-click on any empty area of the Desktop and select New > Folder or Shortcut.
- Right-click on the folder or shortcut you just created and left click Pin to Start.
How do I create a shortcut for an app?
Touch and hold the app, then lift your finger. If the app has shortcuts, you’ll get a list. Touch and hold the shortcut. Slide the shortcut to where you want it.
Add to Home screens
- From the bottom of your Home screen, swipe up. Learn how to open apps.
- Touch and drag the app. …
- Slide the app to where you want it.
How do I add a shortcut to the Start menu?
The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut. Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add.
How do I add a website to my desktop in Windows 8?
How to Pin Your Web Pages to Windows 8’s Start Screen
- Navigate to a page that you want to create a tile for.
- Right-click or swipe up to open the App Bar.
- Click Pin site.
- Click Pin to Start.
- Click the Pin to Start button to create the tile.
How do I create a Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop Windows 8?
Creating the Shortcut
Right-click the Google Chrome icon; choose “Send to” and then select “Desktop (Create Shortcut)” to automatically create the desktop shortcut, which conveniently uses the Google Chrome icon.
How do I pin a website to my taskbar in Windows 8?
The process for this is fairly simple: Just drag the website’s tab or its icon from the address bar to your taskbar and it’s pinned. Viola!