How do I delete administrator account on Mac?
How to delete an admin account on your Mac computer
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left. …
- Select the padlock icon. …
- Enter your password. …
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom. …
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
How do I remove an administrator from my Mac without a password?
Question: Q: How can I remove admin password without a install disk
- boot computer and hold the “apple” key and the “s” key.
- wait for terminal show.
- release keys.
- type without the quotes: “/sbin/mount -uaw”
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “rm /var/db/.applesetupdone.
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “reboot”
How do I override administrator password on Mac?
Click on Utilities in the Apple menu and select Terminal. At the Terminal prompt, type ‘resetpassword’ then hit enter. This will launch the reset utility, which allows you to select a drive, a user, then a new password and password hint for your admin user. After saving, go to the Apple Menu and click Restart.
Why can’t I delete an admin account on my Mac?
Please open system preferences > users and groups > open pad lock ( enter admin name & password ) , select the user that is to be deleted , click on minus sign on bottom side . A window appears select the last option as in screen shot .
How do I reset the administrator on my Mac?
Here’s how to do that:
- Restart your Mac. …
- While it is restarting, press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo. …
- Go to the Apple Menu at the top and click Utilities. …
- Then click Terminal.
- Type “resetpassword” in the terminal window. …
- Then hit Enter. …
- Type your password and a hint. …
- Finally, click Restart.
What is my Mac administrator password?
If you forget the MacBook admin password, the best place to locate the accounts you’ve set up is in the “Users and Groups” section of “System Preferences.” The accounts are listed in the left pane, and one of them is identified as the admin account.
How do you unlock the administrator account on a Mac?
Launch System Preferences by clicking its Dock icon, or by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu. In the System Preferences window, open the Users & Groups preference pane. Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, and then enter your administrator password. Click the Unlock button.
What is my administrator name and password Mac?
Select System Preferences. In the System Preferences window, click on the Users & Groups icon. On the left side of window that opens, locate your account name in the list. If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this machine.