To get it done, refer to the standard path to the Settings: Click Windows menu and go to “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Reset this PC” > “Get started” > “Remove everything” > “Remove files and clean the drive”, and then follow the wizard to finish the process.
Can you wipe a PC without losing windows?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.
How do I wipe my computer but keep operating system?
Press Windows Key + I, type recovery in the search bar, and select Reset this PC. Next, select Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive. The Windows 10 reset function can take a while to complete, but it will make sure there is no chance for anyone to recover data from your drive.
How do I wipe my computer without reinstalling Windows 10?
How to reset your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Click Recovery in the left pane. …
- Windows presents you with three main options: Reset this PC; Go back to an earlier version of Windows 10; and Advanced startup. …
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
Will I lose Windows 10 if I Reset my PC?
When you use the “Reset this PC” feature in Windows, Windows resets itself to its factory default state. … If you installed Windows 10 yourself, it will be a fresh Windows 10 system without any additional software. You can choose whether you want to keep your personal files or erase them.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 will officially launch on 5 October. Both a free upgrade for those Windows 10 devices that are eligible and pre-loaded on new computers are due. This means that we need to talk about security and, specifically, Windows 11 malware.
How do I wipe my Windows 7 computer clean?
1. Click Start, then choose “Control Panel.” Click “System and Security,” then choose “Restore Your Computer to an Earlier Time” in the Action Center section. 2. Click “Advanced Recovery Methods,” then choose “Return Your Computer to Factory Condition.”
How do you clear everything off a computer?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I make my computer like new?
Make your computer faster in 5 simple steps
- Remove the rubbish. …
- Move your photos, music and movies. …
- Uninstall software you don’t use. …
- Defragment your hard drives. …
- Banish Wi-Fi woes.