If you see a big chunk labeled as iOS Files, then you’ve got some backups you can move or delete. Click the Manage button and then click iOS Files in the left panel to view the local iOS backup files you have stored on your Mac.
What is iOS files on my Mac?
The iOS files include all the backups and software update files of iOS devices that are synced with your Mac. While it is easier to use iTunes to back up your iOS devices data but over time, all the old data backup could take up a significant chunk of storage space on your Mac.
How do I find my iOS files?
You’ll find the Files app on the second home screen, by default.
- Tap the Files icon to open the app.
- On the Browse screen: …
- Once in a source, you may tap files to open or preview them, and you may tap folders to open them and view their contents.
How do I make sure my Mac is backed up to iCloud?
Back up with iCloud.
iCloud Drive: Open System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud and deselect Optimize Mac Storage. The contents of your iCloud Drive will be stored on your Mac and included in your backup.
Do I need to keep iOS files on my Mac?
Yes. You may safely delete these files listed in iOS Installers as they are the last version of iOS you installed on your iDevice(s). They’re used to restore your iDevice without needing a download if there has been no new update to iOS.
How do I see all files on Mac?
Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, click Storage, then click Manage. Click a category in the sidebar: Applications, Music, TV, Messages, and Books: These categories list files individually.
How do I see all files on my Mac?
Open Finder, in the sidebar menu under locations, select your Mac. Now, select Macintosh HD. From the Go menu on the top bar navigation, press and hold down the Option key. The Library will appear below Home in the list, select to open.
How do I manage files in iOS?
Organize your files
- Go to Locations.
- Tap iCloud Drive, On My [device], or the name of a third-party cloud service where you want to keep your new folder.
- Swipe down on the screen.
- Tap More .
- Select New Folder.
- Enter the name of your new folder. Then tap Done.
Where are my downloaded files?
You can find your downloads on your Android device in your My Files app (called File Manager on some phones), which you can find in the device’s App Drawer. Unlike iPhone, app downloads are not stored on the home screen of your Android device, and can be found with an upward swipe on the home screen.
How do I find my saved files?
First, open the app on your Android device. Make sure you’re on the “Browse” tab. Tap the “Downloads” option and then you’ll see all of your downloaded documents and files. That’s it!
How do I view iPhone files on my computer?
How to Access iPhone Files on PC
- The only iPhone files you can access on PC via the file explorer are photos. …
- Use iTunes to transfer other files from your iPhone to your Windows PC or access them via iCloud.
- Click the iPhone icon in iTunes > File Sharing > select an app > choose the file to transfer, and click Save.