How would you list oldest file first and newest one last?
ls -lt (what Rahul used) lists the current directory in long format in order by modification date/time, with the newest first and the oldest last. ls -ltr is the reverse of that; oldest first and the newest last.
How do I search for a file by date in Linux?
Say hello to -newerXY option for find command
- a – The access time of the file reference.
- B – The birth time of the file reference.
- c – The inode status change time of reference.
- m – The modification time of the file reference.
- t – reference is interpreted directly as a time.
How do I find the oldest files on my computer?
assuming you kept your files some what organized ,open windows explorer and go to the folder the files are in and choose show by date or by size .
How do I view directory history in Linux?
In Linux, there is a very useful command to show you all of the last commands that have been recently used. The command is simply called history, but can also be accessed by looking at your . bash_history in your home folder. By default, the history command will show you the last five hundred commands you have entered.
How would you list oldest files first and newest ones last in Linux?
Find the oldest file in a directory tree in Linux
- find – Search for files in a directory hierarchy.
- /home/sk/ostechnix/ – Search location.
- type -f – Searches only the regular files.
- -printf ‘%T+ %pn’ – Prints the file’s last modification date and time in separated by + symbol.
What is the command to determine the path of an executable file?
The program to use can normally be determined by the file’s extension. For example, files with a . sh extension should be executed using the MKS KornShell. The whereis command is equivalent to specifying which -a with the exception that the -p path option is not available.
How do I use find in Linux?
- find . – name thisfile.txt. If you need to know how to find a file in Linux called thisfile. …
- find /home -name *.jpg. Look for all . jpg files in the /home and directories below it.
- find . – type f -empty. Look for an empty file inside the current directory.
- find /home -user randomperson-mtime 6 -iname “.db”
How do I find the last two days in Unix?
You can use -mtime option. It returns list of file if the file was last accessed N*24 hours ago. For example to find file in last 2 months (60 days) you need to use -mtime +60 option. -mtime +60 means you are looking for a file modified 60 days ago.
How do I find files older than a certain date in Unix?
this find command will find files modified within the last 20 days.
- mtime -> modified (atime=accessed, ctime=created)
- -20 -> lesst than 20 days old (20 exactly 20 days, +20 more than 20 days)
What’s the oldest file format?
GIF was created in 1987 (,4). As one of the first solutions to the problem of electronic image storage, it is the oldest and most widely supported and used Web-based graphic file format (,1,,4,,5).
How do I find the oldest version of a Google Doc?
If you open the document, you can view the revision history from the File menu. The oldest entry will be the original version, when you created it. In my revision list (twitpic.com/27sypz), the actual date is shown next to each revision.