How do I fix Ubuntu problems?
Here’s what you can do:
- sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bk. This is to backup your sources. list file.
- Run the following commands in order: sudo apt-get clean sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -f sudo dpkg -a –configure sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. You’ll probably get some errors along the way.
Can I reinstall Ubuntu without losing data?
Installing Ubuntu fresh will not affect a user’s personal data and files unless he instructs the installation process to format a drive or partition. The wording in the steps that will do this is Erase disk and install Ubuntu , and Format Partition .
How do you fix error apt — fix broken install?
Another approach to solving the broken package issue via apt-get is to edit the “/etc/apt/sources/list” file and adding sites with newer versions of packages available. Then running the “apt-get update” command to update the repository list.
How do I completely reinstall Ubuntu?
- Use Ubuntu live disk to boot up.
- Select Install Ubuntu on hard disk.
- Keep on following the wizard.
- Select the Erase Ubuntu and reinstall option (the third option in the image).
How do I backup and reinstall Ubuntu?
Here are the steps to follow for reinstalling Ubuntu.
- Step 1: Create a live USB. First, download Ubuntu from its website. You can download whichever Ubuntu version you want to use. Download Ubuntu. …
- Step 2: Reinstall Ubuntu. Once you have got the live USB of Ubuntu, plugin the USB. Reboot your system.
How do I fix broken packages in synaptic Ubuntu?
If broken packages are detected, Synaptic will not allow any further changes to the system until all broken packages have been fixed. Choose Edit > Fix Broken Packages from the menu. Choose Apply Marked Changes from the Edit menu or press Ctrl + P. Confirm the summary of changes and click Apply.
What is Ubuntu error?
43 Comments. The error “System program problem detected” comes up when a certain application crashes. Ubuntu has a program called Apport that is responsible for detecting such crashes and upon user consent, report these crashes to developers. This process intends to get the problem fixed by the developers.
How do I fix Ubuntu update error?
If the issue occurs again however, open Nautilus as root and navigate to var/lib/apt then delete the “lists. old” directory. Afterwards, open the “lists” folder and remove the “partial” directory. Finally, run the above commands again.
Will installing Ubuntu delete all my files?
All of the files on the disk will be deleted before Ubuntu is put on it, so make sure you have backup copies of anything you wanted to keep. For more complicated disk layouts, choose Something Else. You can manually add, modify and delete disk partitions using this option.
How do I install Ubuntu without deleting a partition?
Reinstalling Ubuntu with separate home partition without losing data. Tutorial with screenshots.
- Create the bootable usb drive to install from: sudo apt-get install usb-creator.
- Run it from the terminal: usb-creator-gtk.
- Select your downloaded ISO or your live cd.
Can I install Ubuntu without USB?
You can use UNetbootin to install Ubuntu 15.04 from Windows 7 into a dual boot system without the use of a cd/dvd or a USB drive.