How do I install an older version of Java on Linux?
apt-get install -d sun-java-jdk / openjdk-6-jdk — the -d will only download the file into your /var/cache/apt/arhives folder. dpkg -i –force-downgrade /var/cache/apt/archives/sun-java-jdk (the version # that you have). Lock Version in Synaptic so ubuntu doesn’t try to upgrade it again.
How do I install an older version of Java?
- Step 1: Uninstall current version of Java. Access the Control Panel: In Windows 7 select the Windows button, then select Control Panel. …
- Step 2: Install desired version of Java. Go to Oracle’s Java SE 8 Archive Downloads page and locate the desired version of Java.
16 июн. 2017 г.
How do I downgrade Java version in Linux?
- You have to install the openjdk-8-jre : sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre.
- Next switch to the jre-8 version: $ sudo update-alternatives –config java There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).
12 апр. 2019 г.
How do I change Java version in Ubuntu?
To set the Java version interactively:
- Log in as root or use sudo .
- View the Java alternatives. sudo update-alternatives –config java. …
- Select a Java version, at the prompt, type a number. Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number: …
- Verify the switch, check the Java version. java -version.
What are different Java versions?
There are four platforms of the Java programming language:
- Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Java Platform, Micro Edition (Java ME)
How do I get an older version of Java?
Install Older version of java
- Step1: Go to the JDK Download URL >> Scroll down and find Java Archive >> Click Download.
- Step2: The Java archives are segregated by Versions 1,5,6,7,8. …
- Step3: Scroll down and choose the specific version you want to download; I have selected Java SE Development Kit 8u60.
- Step4: …
- Step5: …
- Step6: …
- Step7: …
Can I have 2 versions of Java installed?
10 Answers. It is absolutely possible to install side-by-side several JRE/JDK versions. … You can change that, or the JAVA_HOME variable, or create specific cmd/bat files to launch the applications you desire, each with a different JRE in path.
Is Java 8 and Java 1.8 the same?
In JDK 8 and JRE 8, the version strings are 1.8 and 1.8. … Here are some examples where the version string is used: java -version (among other information, returns java version “1.8.
Is Java 1.7 the same as Java 7?
Different versions of Java (1.0, 1.1, etc. all the way to 1.7, also known as Java 7) usually contain improvements to both the JVM and the standard library, so the two usually need to run together, and are packaged together in the JRE.
How do I change my Java version?
- Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced.
- Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
- In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of your jdk5/bin directory to the beginning. …
- Close the window.
- Reopen Command prompt window, and run java -version.
How do I check my version of Java?
The Java version can be found: under the Windows Start Menu. in the Java Control Panel (Windows and Mac) under Programs of the Windows Control Panel.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
- The installed Java version(s) are listed.
How do I uninstall Java on Linux?
- Open Terminal Window.
- Login as the super user.
- Try to find jre package by typing: rpm -qa.
- If RPM reports a package similar to jre- -fcs then Java is installed with RPM. …
- To uninstall Java, type: rpm -e jre- -fcs.
How do I choose Java version in Linux?
Method 1: Check the Java Version On Linux
- Open a terminal window.
- Run the following command: java -version.
- The output should display the version of the Java package installed on your system. In the example below, OpenJDK version 11 is installed.
12 авг. 2020 г.
How do I find Java alternatives in Ubuntu?
Assuming one has installed a JDK in /opt/java/jdk1.8.0_144 then:
- Install the alternative for javac $ sudo update-alternatives –install /usr/bin/javac javac /opt/java/jdk1.8.0_144/bin/javac 1.
- Check / update the alternatives config: $ sudo update-alternatives –config javac.
6 окт. 2015 г.
How do I install multiple versions of Java on Ubuntu?
To switch between installed java versions, use the update-java-alternatives command. … where /path/to/java/version is one of those listed by the previous command (e.g. /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64 ).