Just press the Windows key to open the metro interface and then type command prompt in the search box. Next, right-click on command prompt and Run it as administrator. Copy this code net user administrator /active:yes and paste it in the command prompt. Then, press Enter to enable your built-in administrator account.
How do I free up C drive space?
Here’s how to free up hard drive space on your desktop or laptop, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs. …
- Clean your desktop. …
- Get rid of monster files. …
- Use the Disk Cleanup Tool. …
- Discard temporary files. …
- Deal with downloads. …
- Save to the cloud.
Why is my C drive so full Windows 10?
Generally speaking, it is because the disk space of your hard drive is not enough to store a large amount of data. Additionally, if you are only bothered by the C drive full issue, it is likely that there are too many applications or files saved to it.
Why is my C drive taking up so much space?
Right-Click your hard-drive and select ‘Properties’ Under the ‘General’ tab, click ‘Disk Cleanup‘ Windows will scan your drive and let you know how much space you can save by running Disk Cleanup. Select the files that you wish to delete form the drive, and hit OK.
What can I delete from C: drive?
Go to Settings > System and click on Storage on the left panel. Next, click Temporary files from the list that shows you how your storage is being used on the C: drive and check the boxes for the type of temp files you want to jettison before clicking the Remove files button to delete them.
What is taking up so much space on my computer?
Find out what files are taking up space on Windows 10 1809 and older
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Storage.
- Under the “Local storage” section, click the drive to see the storage usage. Local storage on Storage sense.
- While on “Storage usage,” you can see what’s taking up space on the hard drive.
How can I solve C drive full problem?
#1. Run Disk Cleanup
- Press Windows + R to bring up Windows File Explorer.
- Click “This PC”, right-click on C: drive and select “Properties”.
- In Disk Cleanup, select the files you want to delete and click “OK”. If Windows installation files (Windows. old folder) show up, check and delete them.
What happens if C drive is full?
In case the C drive memory space is full, then you have to move the unused data to a different drive and uninstall the installed applications which are not used frequently. You can also perform Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on the drives, which can help the computer run faster.
How do you fix C drive full Windows 10?
4 Ways to Fix C Drive is Full Without Reason in windows 10
- Way 1 : Disk cleanup.
- Way 2 : Move the virtual memory file (psgefilr.sys) to free up disk space.
- Way 3 : Turn off sleep or compress sleep file size.
- Way 4 : Increase disk space by resizing partition.
Does OneDrive take space on my PC?
A new Windows 10 tool, OneDrive allows access to files in the cloud using File Explorer. This means your files will be stored in the OneDrive cloud and won’t take up hard drive space unless you need to download them for offline editing.
Why is my disk space disappearing?
Some tech-savvy users also point out that the culprit for hard drive space disappearing is the Hibernation Mode. Hibernation Mode is the most power-saving states in Windows, which puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk, and then turns off your computer.