Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
How do I reinstall Windows on my laptop without CD?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I reinstall Windows 8 without a product key?
Open the Start Screen and search for “Deployment and Imaging Tools” and run the special command prompt environment. Burn or mount the ISO file in a virtual machine and you will be able to install Windows 8 without a product key and also select the standard or pro edition.
How do I install Windows 8 on my HP laptop?
Use the following instructions to set up the drive for Windows 8.1. Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your computer model number. Select Windows 8.1 from the menu. Download and install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (version 11.5.
How do I format and reinstall Windows 8?
Factory reset Windows 8
- The first step is to open the system settings using the Windows shortcut ‘Windows’ key + ‘i’.
- From there, select “Change PC settings”.
- Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”.
- Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
How do I reinstall Windows 8 from USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
Does reinstalling Windows 8 delete everything?
To answer your question, yes, reinstalling to Windows 8 will remove all of your files. A Microsoft Insider MVP with knowledge in all things Microsoft.
How can I install software on my laptop without CD drive?
How to Install Software on a Laptop Without CD Drive
- Using an External Drive. An external CD/DVD drive is an efficient alternative for laptops that do not have disk drives. …
- Using a Flash Drive. Another workaround is with the use of a USB thumb drive. …
- Sharing a CD/DVD drive with another laptop on a wireless network.
Can you reinstall Windows 10 without a disk?
Because you have previously had windows 10 installed and activated on that device, you can reinstall windows 10 anytime you wish, for free. to get the best install, with fewest issues, use the media creation tool to create bootable media and clean install windows 10.
How can I format my laptop without CD?
Formatting a Non-System Drive
- Log into the computer in question with an administrator account.
- Click Start, type “diskmgmt. …
- Right-click the drive you wish to format, and click “Format.”
- Click the “Yes” button if prompted.
- Type a volume label. …
- Uncheck the “Perform a quick format” box. …
- Click “OK” twice.