Click “iPhone” beneath the “Devices” heading in the left sidebar of iTunes. Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with.
How do I update my iPhone to a previous iOS?
How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad
- Click Restore on the Finder popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 13 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 13.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
What happens if you don’t update your iPhone software?
If you’re not able to update your devices before Sunday, Apple said you’ll have to back up and restore using a computer because over-the-air software updates and iCloud Backup won’t work anymore.
How do I uninstall the iOS 14 update?
How to remove software update download from iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone/iPad Storage.
- Under this section, scroll and locate the iOS version and tap it.
- Tap Delete Update.
- Tap Delete Update again to confirm the process.
Can you uninstall iOS 14?
Yes. You can uninstall iOS 14. Even so, you will have to entirely erase and restore the device. If you’re using a Windows computer, you should ensure iTunes is installed and updated to the most current version.
Can I revert back to iOS 13?
You simply can’t downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13… If this is a real issue for you your best bet would be to buy a second-hand iPhone running the version you require, but remember you won’t be able to recover your latest backup of your iPhone onto the new device without updating the iOS software too.
Why You Should Never update your iPhone?
1. It’ll slow your iOS device down. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. New software updates are nice, but when applied to old hardware, especially from two years or older, you’re bound to get a device that’s even slower than it was before.
Is it OK to not update your iPhone?
As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. … Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too. You’ll be able to check this in Settings.
Can you skip iPhone updates?
You can skip any update you like for as long as you like. Apple doesn’t force it on you (anymore) – but they will keep bothering you about it. What they WON’T let you do is downgrade.