How do I restore my Windows 8 laptop to factory settings?
How To Perform a Hard Reset in Windows 8
- Hover your mouse over the right top (or right bottom) corner of your screen to bring up the Charms menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select More PC Settings at the bottom.
- Select General then select either Refresh or Reset.
How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8.1 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
Does factory reset remove Windows 8?
Reset your PC
This removes everything and reinstalls Windows. Note: If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.
How do you master Reset a laptop?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do you delete everything on a Windows 8 computer?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I restore Windows 8.1 without a computer?
Reset without installation media
- Boot into your Windows 8/8.1.
- Go to Computer.
- Go to the main drive, e.g. C: This is the drive where your Windows 8/8.1 is installed on.
- Create a new folder, called Win8.
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder. …
- Copy the install.wim file from the Source folder.
How do I completely wipe my computer Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.
How do you get into Windows 8 if you forgot your password?
If you’ve forgotten your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. …
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
How do I reset my Windows 8 computer without a password?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
Does Windows reset delete everything?
Keeping your data is the same as Refresh PC, it only removes your apps. On the other hand, remove everything do what it say, it functions as Reset PC. Now, if you try to Reset your PC, the new option comes: Only remove data from Windows Drive, or remove from all drive; both options explained themselves.
How do you reboot a Windows 8 laptop?
To restart Windows 8, move the cursor to the upper/lower right corner → Click Settings → Click the Power button → Click Restart.
How can go to Safe Mode in Windows 8?
Windows 8-How to enter [Safe Mode]?
- Click [Settings].
- Click “Change PC settings”.
- Click “General” -> Select “Advanced startup” -> Click “Restart now”. …
- Click “Troubleshoot”.
- Click “Advanced options”.
- Click “Startup Settings”.
- Click “Restart”.
- Enter the proper mode by using the numeric key or function key F1~F9.
How do I restore my HP laptop with Windows 8?
Recovery from Windows 8
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. …
- Turn on the computer.
- From the Start screen, type recovery manager to open the Search charm, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.