How do I completely uninstall Windows Media Player?
1: Uninstall Windows Media Player in Settings
Installing or uninstalling Windows Media Player is easy to do in Settings > Apps. Click on Start > Settings Apps. Click on Optional features. Uninstall: Click on Windows Media Player and click on Uninstall.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player?
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7, 8, or 10 to Solve Problems
- Step 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player. Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off. …
- Step 2: Reboot. That is all.
- Step 3: Turn Windows Media Player Back On.
How do I uninstall Windows Media Player 11?
Uninstalling the Windows Media Player:
- Go to Start and in the search type “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
- Click on “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
- Browse to the Media Features and uncheck the mark in front of Windows Media Player.
- Restart the computer.
How do I get rid of Windows Media Center as my default?
Disabling Windows Media Center from running on your system:
- Click Start, click Default Programs, and click Set program access and computer defaults.
- Click on Custom, and scroll down to Choose a default media player.
- Uncheck Enable access to this program next to Windows Media Center.
Should I uninstall Windows Media Player?
For now Windows Media Player is still part of the operating system so it can’t be removed. If it bothers you to look at it, you can disable it as follows: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > remove the check mark from Media features > Windows Media Player.
Can I disable media player?
Disable Windows Media Player on Windows 10
cpl. Then click the app result from the top. … That will also uncheck the “Windows Media Player” box and click OK. You will need to restart your PC to complete the process, and Windows Media Player is now disabled from your Windows 10 PC.
How do you reset Windows Media Player?
1 Unload WMP – Control Panel, Programs and Features, [left-hand side] Turn Windows features on or off, Media Features, clear Windows Media Player checkbox, Yes, OK, Restart the PC.
Why does my Windows Media Player not work?
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest updates from Windows Update, you can verify that the updates are the problem by using System Restore. To do this: Select the Start button, and then type system restore. … Then run the system restore process.
Why Windows Media Player Cannot play the file?
If the media file contains a space in its path or in its file name, you receive the following error message in Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.
How do I fix a corrupted Windows Media Player?
However, the database may become corrupted in such a way that Windows Media Player cannot recover the database.
- Click Start , click Run , type %LOCALAPPDATA%MicrosoftMedia Player , and then click OK .
- Select all the files in the folder , and then click Delete on the File menu. …
- Restart Windows Media Player.
What is the best alternative to Windows Media Player?
Part 3. Other 4 Free Alternatives to Windows Media Player
- VLC Media Player. Developed by VideoLAN Project, VLC is a free and open-source multimedia player that supports playing all types of video formats, DVDs, VCDs, Audio CDs, and streaming protocols. …
- KMPlayer. …
- GOM Media Player. …
What media player comes with Windows 10?
* Windows Media Player 12 is included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. DVD playback isn’t included in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.