Remove a Linux user
- Log in to your server via SSH.
- Switch to the root user: sudo su –
- Use the userdel command to remove the old user: userdel user’s username.
- Optional: You can also delete that user’s home directory and mail spool by using the -r flag with the command: userdel -r user’s username.
How do you delete a user?
Delete a user
- In the Users list, find the user.
- Hover over the user you want to delete and click More Delete. (You can also find this option at the top-left of the user’s account page, under More .)
How do I remove a user from a group in Linux?
Remove a Group
- To remove an existing group from your system, you will need to be logged in using a valid user account.
- Now that we’re logged in, we can remove the group with a Group Name of professors by entering the following groupdel command: sudo groupdel professors.
How do I remove a user from Ubuntu?
Delete a user account
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Users.
- Click Users to open the panel.
- Press Unlock in the top right corner and type in your password when prompted.
- Select the user that you want to delete and press the – button, below the list of accounts on the left, to delete that user account.
How do I disable a Linux account?
The posts discusses few of the most widely used ways.
- Lock the password. To lock a users account use the command usermod -L or passwd -l.
- Expire the user account. The commands passwd -l and usermod -L are ineffcient when it comes to disable/lock user accounts.
- Changing the shell.
How do I delete a Google user account?
To delete a user:
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account.
- In the Account, Property, or View column, click User Management.
- Use the search box at the top of the list to find the user you want.
- Select the check box for each user you want to delete, then click REMOVE.
How do I delete a user on ps4?
Method 1 Deleting Other Users from the Primary Account
- Log in to your primary account. Turn on your PS4 and enter your login information as usual.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open the “Login settings” screen.
- Delete the desired user.
- Check that the deletion was successful.
How do I remove a user from Sudo group?
How to Remove a User From the Sudoers File Using the Command Line
- Open a terminal window.
- Type groups <username> (Replace <username> with the user you wish to remove from the sudoers file)
- If the returned list doesn’t show “sudo” as a group then you don’t need to do anything else otherwise continue on to step 4.
How can I delete a group?
To delete a group:
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
- Click Members on the left.
- Click next to each member’s name and select Remove from Group.
- Select Leave Group next to your name once you’ve removed the other members.
How do I change my primary group in Linux?
Change User Primary Group. To set or change a user primary group, we use option ‘-g’ with usermod command. Before, changing user primary group, first make sure to check the current group for the user tecmint_test. Now, set the babin group as a primary group to user tecmint_test and confirm the changes.
How do I delete users?
HOW TO DELETE USER ACCOUNTS ON A WINDOWS 7 HOME NETWORK
- Open the Windows Control Panel, and then click User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Under User Accounts, click Add or Remove User Accounts.
- Click the user account that you want to delete.
- Click Delete the Account.
- Click either Keep Files or Delete Files.
How do I delete a root user?
You should disable the root user after completing your task.
Enable or disable the root user
- Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups (or Accounts).
- Click , then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click Login Options.
- Click Join (or Edit).
- Click Open Directory Utility.
How do I change to root user in Ubuntu?
How to Change sudo Password in Ubuntu
- Step 1: Open the Ubuntu command line. We need to use the Ubuntu command line, the Terminal, in order to change the sudo password.
- Step 2: Log in as root user. Only a root user can change his/her own password.
- Step 3: Change the sudo password through the passwd command.
- Step 4: Exit the root login and then the Terminal.
How do I unlock a user account in Linux?
Option 1: Use the command “passwd -l username”. Option 2: Use the command “usermod -l username”. Option 1: Use the command “passwd -u username”. Option 2: Use the command “usermod -U username”.
What is use of chage command in Linux?
chage is a tool and command used to change user password expiry information in Linux, BSD, Unix systems.
How do I change root password in Linux?
How to change root password in Ubuntu
- Type the following command to become root user and issue passwd: sudo -i. passwd.
- OR set a password for root user in a single go: sudo passwd root.
- Test it your root password by typing the following command: su –
How do I delete my G Suite account?
To learn more, see “Before you delete a user’s account” in Google’s documentation.
- In the Home Menu , click Settings, and then click Email & G Suite .
- Click the address you want to delete, then click Remove User.
- Click Remove User in the pop-up to confirm.
- Repeat these steps for every email address you want to delete.
How do I remove a property from Google Analytics?
Delete a property
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property you want to delete.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
- Click Move to Trash Can.
- On the confirmation screen, click Move property to Trash Can.
How do I delete users on PlayStation 4?
Delete a PS4 User 
- Go to Settings.
- Select “Login Setting” from the menu.
- Select “User Management”
- Select “Delete User”, then select the profile you would like to delete. That’s it! You’ve successfully deleted that pesky profile off your console.
How do you delete a friend on ps4?
To remove a user from your PS4 Friend list, navigate to the user’s Friend Page in the PSN Friends menu. Below their image, look for a tab button marked with three dots. Clicking on this tab opens a menu which includes an option to remove the user from your Friends list.
How do I delete my PSN account?
- Review what happens when you delete your account. Deleting your account is permanent.
- Gather your account information. Your PSN account can only be deleted by someone at Sony, and they’ll need the following information:
- Contact Sony PlayStation support.
- Request that the support agent delete your account.
How do I change owner in Linux?
Use the following procedure to change the ownership of a file. Change the owner of a file by using the chown command. Specifies the user name or UID of the new owner of the file or directory. Verify that the owner of the file has changed.
How do I change the group ID in Linux?
First, assign a new UID to user using the usermod command. Second, assign a new GID to group using the groupmod command. Finally, use the chown and chgrp commands to change old UID and GID respectively. You can automate this with the help of find command.
How do I change the owner of a group in Linux?
Use the following procedure to change the group ownership of a file.
- Become superuser or assume an equivalent role.
- Change the group owner of a file by using the chgrp command. $ chgrp group filename. group.
- Verify that the group owner of the file has changed. $ ls -l filename.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”