Open MMC, and then select Local Users and Groups. Right-click the Administrator account, and then select Properties. The Administrator Properties window appears. On the General tab, clear the Account is Disabled check box.
How do I disable the built-in Administrator account?
Enabling/Disabling Built-in Administrator Account in Windows 10
- Go to Start menu (or press Windows key + X) and select “Computer Management”.
- Then expand to “Local Users and Groups”, then “Users”.
- Select the “Administrator” and then right-click and select “Properties”.
- Uncheck “Account is disabled” to enable it.
Can you delete the built-in Administrator account?
To delete Windows’s built-in Administrator account, right-click the Administrator name and select Delete. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer. When you open the Local Users and Groups window, you’ll find the built-in Administrator account was deleted successfully.
How do I change my built-in Administrator account?
Change the properties of the Administrator account by using the Local Users and Groups Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- Open MMC, and then select Local Users and Groups.
- Right-click the Administrator account, and then select Properties. …
- On the General tab, clear the Account is Disabled check box.
- Close MMC.
How do I enable the built in Administrator account?
To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key. To activate the Guest account, type the command net user guest /active:yes and then press the Enter key.
How do I unblock an app that is blocked by the Administrator?
Method 1. Unblock the file
- Right-click on the file you’re trying to launch, and select Properties from the context menu.
- Switch to the General tab. Make sure to place a checkmark in the Unblock box, found in the Security section.
- Click Apply, and then finalize your changes with the OK button.
How do I delete a Microsoft Administrator account?
Click on Manage other account. Enter the password for the administrator account if prompted. Click on the account which you want to delete (Microsoft admin account). Click on Delete the account.
How do I fix continue to admin password?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
How do I bypass the administrator password to download a program?
Click “Start” after you have logged in. (You do not need to be logged in as the administrator to perform these actions.) Then choose “Control Panel,” “Administrative Tools,” “Local Security Settings” and finally “Minimum Password Length.” From this dialog, reduce the password length to “0.” Save these changes.
How do I remove the administrator password in Windows 10?
How to Reset Administrator Password in Windows 10
- Open the Windows Start menu. …
- Then select Settings. …
- Then click on Accounts.
- Next, click on Your info. …
- Click on Manage my Microsoft Account. …
- Then click More actions. …
- Next, click Edit profile from the drop-down menu.
- Then click change your password.