Open the Settings app and select the Update & security section. In the left pane, select Troubleshoot. From the right pane select Microsoft Store Apps and click on Run the troubleshooter button. Wait for the troubleshooter to finish.
Why Windows 8 store is not opening?
Clear the Windows Store Cache
Simply put, this executable clears the Windows Store cache. You can run WSReset.exe from the Run command (accessed by right-clicking on the Windows 8.1 Start button)… …by typing WSReset.exe into the Windows 8.
How do I fix the Windows 8 store?
How to reset the cache of the Windows Store in Windows 8?
- Go to the search box and type “wsreset.exe”.
- Go to the results window and right-click on “WSreset” and select “Run as administrator”.
- The Windows Store will be opened. Wait a few seconds. After the cache is reset the following message will be displayed.
How do I enable the store in Windows 8?
Browse to the permissions listed under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store and open up the entry titled “Allow Store to install apps on the Windows To Go workspaces.” Now just mark the setting for this permission as Enabled and click OK to save changes.
How do I fix the Microsoft store not opening?
If you’re having trouble launching Microsoft Store, here are some things to try:
- Check for connection problems and make sure that you’re signed in with a Microsoft account.
- Make sure Windows has the latest update: Select Start , then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates.
How do I fix Windows Store problem?
Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.
How do I fix Wsreset?
What can I do to resolve this issue?
- Open elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + X, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
- In Command Prompt, type SFC /Scannow, and then press Enter.
- Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth, and then press Enter.
- After the scan, restart the PC.
How do I reinstall apps on Windows 8?
To Reinstall Windows 8, 8.1
- Start by launching the “Charms” menu.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Change PC settings” option from the menu.
- Now, Scroll down to the “General” and select it.
- Now, locate “Remove everything and reinstall Windows store option” and click on it.
Why are my Windows 8.1 apps not working?
Step 2: Clear and Reset Windows Store Cache
If the App Troubleshooter didn’t do the trick, the next step is clearing and resetting the Windows Store Cache. Tab or click the Start button and type WSreset. Right-click it and choose Run as administrator. It should then launch the Windows Store and allow browsing.
Is Windows 8 store down?
The Windows Phone 8.1 Store is officially shutting down on December 16, 2019 according to an updated Microsoft support document (via Softpedia). Following the shutdown, users will not be able to download any new apps to their devices running Windows Phone 8.1.
How do I install Windows 8 apps without the store?
Install Windows 8 Apps without the Store
- Search for “Run” from the Windows Start screen and click on it to open its command prompt.
- Type in “ gpedit. …
- From the main screen of the Local Group Policy Editor, you want to head to the following entry: …
- Right-click on “Allow all trusted apps to install.”
How do I activate Windows Store?
To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar. If you don’t see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
How do I update my Microsoft Store on Windows 8?
On the Start screen, click the Store icon. In the Store screen, point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and click to select the Settings charm. In the Settings screen, click App updates. In the App updates screen, to manually update apps, click the Check for updates button.