How do I find where a Linux package is installed?
- If your distribution uses rpm , you can use rpm -q –whatprovides to find the package name for a particular file and then rpm -q -a to find out what files a package installed. – …
- With apt-get , if the package is installed use dpkg -L PKGNAME , if it isn’t use apt-file list . –
How do I locate a package in Ubuntu?
How do I see what packages are installed on Ubuntu Linux?
- Open the terminal application or log in to the remote server using ssh (e.g. ssh user@sever-name )
- Run command apt list –installed to list all installed packages on Ubuntu.
- To display a list of packages satisfying certain criteria such as show matching apache2 packages, run apt list apache.
30 янв. 2021 г.
How do I see installed programs in Ubuntu?
Open up Ubuntu software center. Go to Installed tab and in the search, simply type * (asterick), the software center will show up all the installed software by category.
How do I find out what software is installed on Linux?
- Aptitude-based distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, etc): dpkg -l.
- RPM-based distributions (Fedora, RHEL, etc): rpm -qa.
- pkg*-based distributions (OpenBSD, FreeBSD, etc): pkg_info.
- Portage-based distributions (Gentoo, etc): equery list or eix -I.
- pacman-based distributions (Arch Linux, etc): pacman -Q.
How do I find where a program is installed?
How to Determine What’s Installed on Your Machine
- Settings, Apps & features. In Windows Settings, go to the Apps & features page. …
- Start menu. Click your Start menu, and you’ll get a long list of installed programs. …
- C:Program Files and C:Program Files (x86) Additional locations to examine are the C:Program Files and C:Program Files (x86) folders. …
- The PATH.
20 нояб. 2019 г.
How do I find apt repository?
To find out the package name and with it description before installing, use the ‘search’ flag. Using “search” with apt-cache will display a list of matched packages with short description. Let’s say you would like to find out description of package ‘vsftpd’, then command would be.
How do you check if Ubuntu is installed properly?
Check the Ubuntu Server Version Installed/Running
- Method 1: Check Ubuntu Version from SSH or Terminal.
- Method 2: Check Ubuntu Version within the /etc/issue file. The /etc directory contains a file named /issue . …
- Method 3: Check Ubuntu Version within the /etc/os-release file. …
- Method 4: Check Ubuntu Version using the hostnamectl command.
28 сент. 2019 г.
What sudo apt get update?
The sudo apt-get update command is used to download package information from all configured sources. So when you run update command, it downloads the package information from the Internet. … It is useful to get info on an updated version of packages or their dependencies.
How do I know what Python packages are installed on Linux?
python : list all packages installed
- Using help function. You can use help function in python to get the list of modules installed. Get into python prompt and type the following command. This will list all the modules installed in the system. …
- using python-pip. sudo apt-get install python-pip. pip freeze. view raw pip_freeze.sh hosted with ❤ by GitHub.
28 окт. 2011 г.
How do I know if Jenkins is installed on Ubuntu?
Step 3: Install Jenkins
- To install Jenkins on Ubuntu, use the command: sudo apt update sudo apt install Jenkins.
- The system prompts you to confirm the download and installation. …
- To check Jenkins was installed and is running enter: sudo systemctl status jenkins. …
- Exit the status screen by pressing Ctrl+Z.
23 апр. 2020 г.
How do I know what Python packages are installed on Ubuntu?
On ubuntu: sudo apt-get install python-pip , if it’s not already installed. And both will show you all modules installed and their versions.
How do I know if Tomcat is installed on Linux?
A simple way to see if Tomcat is running is to check if there is a service listening on TCP port 8080 with the netstat command. This will, of course, only work if you are running Tomcat on the port you specify (its default port of 8080, for example) and not running any other service on that port.
How do you list all Yum installed packages?
The procedure is as follows to list installed packages:
- Open the terminal app.
- For remote server log in using the ssh command: ssh user@centos-linux-server-IP-here.
- Show information about all installed packages on CentOS, run: sudo yum list installed.
- To count all installed packages run: sudo yum list installed | wc -l.
29 нояб. 2019 г.