Gallery was deprecated a long time ago. They still use it in vanilla AOSP because Google Photos is proprietary, but Photos is now the preferred option for Android. Gallery is the default app on vanilla Android system and it stores images and view images on the device.
How do I get gallery back on my Android phone?
Restore photos & videos
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Library Trash .
- Touch and hold the photo or video you want to restore.
- At the bottom, tap Restore. The photo or video will be back: In your phone’s gallery app. In your Google Photos library. In any albums it was in.
Why can’t I see my gallery on my phone?
If your photos are visible in My Files but are not in the Gallery app, these files may be set as hidden. This prevents Gallery and other apps from scanning for media. To solve this, you can change the option for showing hidden files.
What happened to gallery on my phone?
3 Answers. Google decided to remove the Gallery app, replacing it by the “Photos” app. Be sure that you haven’t disabled it. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All/Disabled and see if you have disabled it.
Why did my gallery disappear?
Go to Storage. If your Gallery app is corrupted or frozen, you’ll need to tap Force stop to shut it down first. Choose Clear cache button located on the bottom right corner. Then, restart your phone and see if the missing photos appear on Gallery app.
How do I enable gallery?
Changing the Settings in the Android Gallery
- Press “Home” on your Android mobile phone to view the home screen.
- Touch “Menu,” then tap the “Gallery” icon. …
- Press “Menu” to display a menu at the bottom of the screen. …
- Tap “Menu” and touch “More” to display the available settings. …
- Touch “Save” to keep your new settings.
How do I find my gallery app?
Visiting the Gallery app
Start the Gallery app by locating its icon. It might be on the Home screen directly or in a folder. And it can always be found in the apps drawer. How the Gallery looks varies from phone to phone, but generally the images are organized by albums.
How do I view all pictures in my gallery?
Browse the image gallery
- To show the image gallery, click Image Gallery, or press F9 .
- Click on a picture in the gallery to show it full-size. You can also use the Left and Right keys to skip through the pictures in the gallery.
- To hide the gallery, click Image Gallery again, or press F9 .
Why are pictures not downloading in my gallery?
Go to Settings -> Apps / Application manager -> search for Gallery -> open Gallery and tap on Clear Data . Switch off your phone and wait for few minutes (say 2-3 min) and then switch on and wait for few minutes.
Where did my pictures go on my Samsung phone?
Step 1: Open the Settings app preinstalled in your Samsung phone. Step 2: Swipe down the screen until you see “Apps”, and then tap it. Step 3: Find “Gallery” by swiping down from the top of your screen again, and select the “Gallery”.