For years, Swype Keyboard was one of the best third-party keyboards for Android, with a focus on swipe typing and voice dictation. But all good things must come to an end, and Nuance Communications Inc has confirmed that Swype is no longer under development.
Why was Swype discontinued?
“After years of leadership in the third-party keyboard and alternative text input space, Nuance made the difficult decision to discontinue our support of the Swype keyboard application as we continue to focus our efforts on AI-powered solutions for our core vertical markets,” the company wrote.
Is Swype still available?
In February 2018, the Android app was pulled from the Play Store. The iOS app was also pulled from the App Store. Starting from 2018, users have to use Aptoide to download the full version of Swype. In late February 2018, the full version of Swype was discontinued.
What happened to Swype on my Android phone?
The app responsible for popularizing swipeable virtual keyboards has been discontinued. Nuance ended development this month of Swype for both iOS and Android, six years after it bought the company behind the influential keyboard app for around $100 million.
Is SwiftKey better than Gboard?
Gboard’s great for most, but SwiftKey still has niche advantages. … Word and media prediction on Gboard is slightly faster and better than SwiftKey, due to Google’s machine learning leverage to learn your lingo and habits more quickly.
What can replace Swype?
Swype Keyboard Alternatives
- Gboard. Free • Proprietary. Android. …
- AnySoftKeyboard. Free • Open Source. …
- Microsoft SwiftKey. Free • Proprietary. …
- Hacker’s Keyboard. Free • Open Source. …
- Simple Keyboard. Free • Open Source. …
- Grammarly Keyboard. Free • Proprietary. …
- Fleksy. Freemium • Proprietary. …
- Multiling O Keyboard. Free • Proprietary.
Can you trust SwiftKey?
It’s tough, of course—we might say that Microsoft’s SwiftKey is more trustworthy than ai. type, but SwiftKey has also had its issues in the past. When you use a third-party keyboard, you’re accepting a certain level of risk because any issues with the keyboard’s servers could cause problems for you.
Is SwiftKey Microsoft?
In February 2016, SwiftKey was purchased by Microsoft, for $250 million.
How do I get Swype?
To switch over to the Swype keyboard, follow these steps:
- At the Home screen, press the Menu soft button.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Language & Keyboard.
- Choose Input Method.
- On the Select Input Method menu, choose Swype. You can press the Home key when you’re done.
What is the best Swype keyboard for Android?
5 Best Swipe Keyboards for Android [Updated June 2021]
- 1 Gboard. It is the best and effective swipe keyboard for everybody who wants the latest keyboard to use. …
- 2 Swiftkey Keyboard. …
- 3 Swipe keyboard from Choorma. …
- 4 Fleksy keyboard. …
- 5 Ginger Swipe keyboard.