Today, the best Linux desktop is the latest version of Linux Mint: Linux Mint 18 Sarah with the Cinnamon 3.0 interface.
You can turn the Linux Mint Cinnamon desktop into the desktop of your dreams.
Indeed, from where I sit, it’s not only the best Linux desktop, it’s the best desktop operating system — period.
Which Linux has best GUI?
10 Best and Most Popular Linux Desktop Environments of All Time
- GNOME 3 Desktop. GNOME is probably the most popular desktop environment among Linux users, it is free and open source, simple, yet powerful and easy to use.
- KDE Plasma 5.
- Cinnamon Desktop.
- MATE Desktop.
- Unity Desktop.
- Xfce Desktop.
- LXQt Desktop.
- Pantheon Desktop.
Which Linux Mint distro is best?
Best Linux Distros for Beginners
- Ubuntu. If you’ve researched Linux on the internet, it’s highly probable that you have come across Ubuntu.
- Linux Mint Cinnamon. Linux Mint is the number one Linux distribution on Distrowatch.
- Zorin OS.
- Elementary OS.
- Linux Mint Mate.
- Manjaro Linux.
Which is better Ubuntu or Mint?
5 Things that make Linux Mint better than Ubuntu for beginners. Ubuntu and Linux Mint are unarguably the most popular desktop Linux distributions. While Ubuntu is based on Debian, Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu. Note that the comparison is mainly between Ubuntu Unity and GNOME vs Linux Mint’s Cinnamon desktop.
Which Linux is most like Windows?
Best Windows Like Linux Distributions For New Linux Users
- Also read – Linux Mint 18.1 “Serena” Is One Of The Finest Linux Distro. Cinnamon The Best Linux Desktop Environment For New Users.
- Also read – Zorin OS 12 Review | LinuxAndUbuntu Distro Review Of The Week.
- Also read – ChaletOS A New Beautiful Linux Distribution.
Which Linux OS is best?
Best desktop distros
- Arch Linux. No list of the best Linux distros would be complete without mentioning Arch, widely considered to be the distro of choice for Linux veterans.
- Ubuntu. Ubuntu is by far the best known Linux distro, and with good reason.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
- Puppy Linux.
What is the most beautiful Linux distro?
Most beautiful Linux operating systems for 2019
- elementary OS. After Linux Mint and Zorin OS, elementary OS is probably the most popular Ubuntu-derivative.
- feren OS. feren OS is based on Linux Mint.
- Solus OS.
- Chrome OS.
- KDE Neon.
Which Linux is best for beginners?
Best Linux distro for beginners:
- Ubuntu : First in our list – Ubuntu, which is currently the most popular of the Linux distributions for beginners and also for the experienced users.
- Linux Mint. Linux Mint, is another popular Linux distro for beginners based on Ubuntu.
- elementary OS.
- Zorin OS.
- Pinguy OS.
- Manjaro Linux.
Which is better Linux Mint Cinnamon or MATE?
Cinnamon is primarily developed for and by Linux Mint. Although it misses a few features and its development is slower than Cinnamon’s, MATE runs faster, uses less resources and is more stable than Cinnamon. MATE. Xfce is a lightweight desktop environment.
Why is Linux better than Windows?
Linux is much more stable than Windows, it can run for 10 years without the need of a single Reboot. Linux is open source and completely Free. Linux is much more secure than Windows OS, Windows malwares doesn’t effect Linux and Viruses are very less for linux in comparison with Windows.
Which Linux distro is best for Windows users?
Top 15 Best Linux Distros for Windows Users
- 1.1 #1 Robolinux.
- 1.2 #2 Linux Mint.
- 1.3 #3 ChaletOS.
- 1.4 #4 Zorin OS.
- 1.5 #5 Kubuntu.
- 1.6 #6 Manjaro Linux.
- 1.7 #7 Linux Lite.
- 1.8 #8 OpenSUSE Leap.
Which Linux Should I install Windows 10 on?
How to install Linux distros on Windows 10
- Open Start.
- Search for Command Prompt, right-click the result, and click Run as administrator.
- Type one of the following commands to install Ubuntu, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12, or openSUSE Leap 42 and press Enter: ubuntu. sles-12. opensuse-42.
Is Ubuntu similar to Windows?
In 2009, Ubuntu added a Software Center which can be used to download popular Linux applications like Clementine, GIMP, and VLC Media Player. Web apps could be Ubuntu’s savior. LibreOffice is different from Microsoft Office, but Google Docs is identical on Windows and Linux.
Which Linux is best for coding?
Here are some of the best Linux distros for programmers.
- Kali Linux.
- Arch Linux.
Which Linux OS is fastest?
Best Lightweight Linux distros for old laptops and desktops
- antiX Linux.
- Bodhi Linux.
- Linux Lite.
- Lubuntu. Next on our list of best lightweight Linux distributions is Lubuntu.
- Peppermint. Peppermint is a cloud-focused Linux distribution that doesn’t need high-end hardware.
Which Linux is best for personal use?
This guide focuses on picking out the very best distros overall.
- Elementary OS. Probably the best looking distro in the world.
- Linux Mint. A strong option for those new to Linux.
- Arch Linux. Arch Linux or Antergos are sterling Linux options.
- CentOS 7.
- Ubuntu Studio.
Is Linux really better than Windows?
Most applications are tailored to be written for Windows. You will find some Linux-compatible versions, but only for very popular software. The truth, though, is that most Windows programs aren’t available for Linux. A lot of people who have a Linux system instead install a free, open source alternative.
What is the best looking Linux distro?
Best Looking Linux Distro
- Linux Mint Cinnamon. Linux Mint Cinnamon is one of the best-looking Linux distros out there.
- Bodhi Linux. Bodhi is a lightweight Ubuntu-based derivative which offers Moksha, an Enlightenment-17-based desktop environment.
- Chrome OS.
- Solus OS.
- Elementary OS.
What is the newest Linux distro?
SparkyLinux is a blazing fast lightweight Debian-based distro designed for new computers but with old computers in mind.
What is the most secure operating system?
Top 10 Most Secure Operating Systems
- OpenBSD. By default, this is the most secure general purpose operating system out there.
- Linux. Linux is a superior operating system.
- Mac OS X.
- Windows Server 2008.
- Windows Server 2000.
- Windows 8.
- Windows Server 2003.
- Windows XP.
What is the best operating system?
What OS Is Best for a Home Server and Personal Use?
- Ubuntu. We will start this list with maybe the most well known Linux operating system there is—Ubuntu.
- Microsoft Windows Server.
- Ubuntu Server.
- CentOS Server.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server.
- Unix Server.
Is Windows 7 better than Windows 10?
Windows 10 is a better OS anyway. Certain other apps, a few, that the more modern versions of are better than what Windows 7 can offer. But no faster, and much more annoying, and requiring more tweaking than ever. Updates are by far no faster than Windows Vista and beyond.
Why is Linux faster than Windows?
Linux is far faster than Windows. It’s why Linux runs 90 percent of the world’s top 500 fastest supercomputers, while Windows runs 1 percent of them. What’s new “news” is that an alleged Microsoft operating system developer recently admitted that Linux is indeed much faster, and explained why that’s the case.
Is Windows 10 better than Linux?
Windows is less secure compared to Linux as Viruses, hackers, and malware affects the windows more quickly. Linux has good performance. It is much quicker, fast and smooth even on the older hardware’s. Windows 10 is slow compared to Linux because of running batches at the backend and it requires a good hardware to run.
Can I install Linux over Windows 10?
Windows 10 isn’t the only (kind of) free operating system you can install on your computer. Linux can run from just a USB drive without modifying your existing system, but you’ll want to install it on your PC if you plan on using it regularly.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”