By default, Cortana has a search bar enabled right next to your Windows button on Windows 10 and the color is black. Many cases came forward where the color of the search bar turned white upon updating to Fall Creators Update 1709. … If you choose the light theme, the color will be white; otherwise, it will be black.
Why is my Windows search bar blank?
How to fix blank Windows search. Classic tech support response, if in doubt, turn it off and on again. If that doesn’t work, there’s another relatively simple fix. Press CTRL + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Task Manager, then click on the Details tab and look for the SearchUI.exe or SearchApp.exe process.
How do I fix the search bar in Windows 10?
Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter
- Select Start, then select Settings.
- In Windows Settings, select Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Search and Indexing.
- Run the troubleshooter, and select any problems that apply. Windows will try to detect and solve them.
How do I enable Windows search bar?
If your search bar is hidden and you want it to show on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Search > Show search box. If the above doesn’t work, try opening taskbar settings. Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
When I type in the search bar nothing happens?
You click on the search bar, and the search panel doesn’t pop up. Or you’ve entered a keyword you’re sure should produce results, but nothing happens. … The causes for these issues can be anything from temporary loss of internet connection to Windows update messing up the functionality of the search bar.
Why is my search bar white?
This feature is reportedly added by Microsoft which reflect two themes (Dark and Light). If you choose the light theme, the color will be white; otherwise, it will be black. However, many people reported that despite switching the theme to dark, the search bar was kept white.
Why does my Windows 10 search not work?
One of the reasons why Windows 10 search isn’t working for you is because of a faulty Windows 10 update. If Microsoft hasn’t released a fix just yet, then one way of fixing search in Windows 10 is to uninstall the problematic update. To do this, return to the Settings app, then click ‘Update & Security’.
How do I search in win10?
How to search on a Windows 10 computer via the taskbar
- In the search bar located on the left-hand side of your taskbar, next to the Windows button, type the name of the app, document, or file that you’re looking for.
- From the search results listed, click on the one that matches what you’re looking for.
How do I restore SearchUI EXE?
#5. Perform a clean boot to fix SearchUI.exe missing on Windows
- Click on Win key + R and type msconfig in the Run box.
- Hit OK.
- Once the System Configuration window opens, choose Services tab.
- Place a tick alongside Hide all Microsoft Services box and then select Disable all.
- Then hit Open Task Manager.
Is Microsoft release Windows 11?
Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 will officially launch on 5 October. Both a free upgrade for those Windows 10 devices that are eligible and pre-loaded on new computers are due. This means that we need to talk about security and, specifically, Windows 11 malware.
How do I bring up the search bar on my website?
Using the Find bar
then click Find in This page…, or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing Ctrl+F. A find bar will appear at the bottom of the window.
Where is the search bar on my computer?
The Windows search box appears right above the Start Orb.
- Type in the name of the program or file you want to access.
- In the search results, click the file or program that matches what you want to open.