How do I change my default Storage in Windows 10?
To change the default drive for storing your apps in Windows 10:
- Click Start, and then click Settings (the gear icon) to open the Settings app.
- Click System.
- Click the Storage tab.
- Click the Change Where New Content Is Saved link.
How do I change the default Storage on my computer?
To get change your default hard drive, click Start and then choose Settings (or press Windows+I). In the Settings window, click System. In the System window, choose the Storage tab on the left and then scroll down to the “Save locations” section on the right.
How do I get to my Storage settings on Windows 10?
Open the Start menu and select Settings > System > Storage. Open Storage settings.
How do I change my system drive?
1. How do I change my boot drive or boot disk?
- Shut down PC and remove the old drive.
- Restart PC, press F2, F10, or Del key to enter BIOS.
- Go to the Boot order section, set the new disk as the boot drive, and save the changes.
- Restart PC.
How do I change from C drive to D drive?
To access another drive, type the drive’s letter, followed by “:”. For instance, if you wanted to change the drive from “C:” to “D:”, you should type “d:” and then press Enter on your keyboard. To change the drive and the directory at the same time, use the cd command, followed by the “/d” switch.
How do I change the default download location?
Change download locations
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under the “Downloads” section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.
How do I change the default save location for Word?
Change Microsoft Office default save location via application settings.
- Open the Office application where you want to change the default save location and click on Options.
- Switch to the Save tab. …
- Once you have chosen your new default save location, click the OK button to save your changes.
How do I change my default hard drive to boot?
Generally, the steps go like this:
- Restart or turn on the computer.
- Press the key or keys to enter the Setup program. As a reminder, the most common key used to enter the Setup program is F1. …
- Choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence. …
- Set the boot order. …
- Save the changes and exit the Setup program.
How do I find my storage settings?
To see how much storage space is available on your phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose the Storage item.
- On Samsung phones, you’ll find the Storage item on the Settings app’s General tab.
How do I get to storage settings?
To access the Storage settings, click the “System” group and then choose “Storage” from the resulting list. The Storage options will display your system drive as well all other drives or partitions on your system.
How do I manage my disk storage?
Here’s how to free up hard drive space on your desktop or laptop, even if you’ve never done it before.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps and programs. …
- Clean your desktop. …
- Get rid of monster files. …
- Use the Disk Cleanup Tool. …
- Discard temporary files. …
- Deal with downloads. …
- Save to the cloud.
How do I change the default folder in Windows 10?
- Click the [Windows] button > choose “File Explorer.”
- From the left side panel, right-click “Documents” > choose “Properties.”
- Under the “Location” tab > type “H:Docs”
- Click [Apply] > Click [No] when prompted to automatically move all files to the new location > Click [OK].
How do I change where my pictures are saved in Windows 10?
Change where new pictures and videos are saved
- Select Start > Settings > System > Storage > Change where new content is saved.
- Look to see what’s listed under New photos and videos will save to. …
- Under New photos and videos will save to, select the current save location. …
- Try taking a picture.