What to do if there is no administrator on Mac?
You can create a new administrator account by restarting the Setup Assistant:
- Boot into Single User Mode: Start/restart your Mac. …
- Check and repair the drive by typing /sbin/fsck -fy then ↩ enter – as directed by the on-screen text.
- Mount the drive as read-write by typing /sbin/mount -uw / then ↩ enter.
1 нояб. 2019 г.
How can I find my administrator name and password on my Mac?
Mac OS X
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Users & Groups icon.
- On the left side of window that opens, locate your account name in the list. If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this machine.
How do I reset the administrator on my Mac?
How to quickly restore a missing admin account in OS X
- Reboot into Single User Mode. Restart your computer while holding the Command and S keys, which will drop you to a terminal command prompt. …
- Set the file system to be writable. …
- Recreate the account.
17 дек. 2012 г.
How do I delete administrator on Macbook?
How to delete an admin account on your Mac computer
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left. …
- Select the padlock icon. …
- Enter your password. …
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom. …
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User. …
- To ensure no other changes are made, select the padlock once again.
2 дек. 2019 г.
How do I delete administrator account on MacBook without password?
- boot computer and hold the “apple” key and the “s” key.
- wait for terminal show.
- release keys.
- type without the quotes: “/sbin/mount -uaw”
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “rm /var/db/.applesetupdone.
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “reboot”
18 янв. 2012 г.
What if I forgot my administrator password?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
How do I find out what my administrator password is?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
14 янв. 2020 г.
Who is my administrator?
Your administrator might be: The person who gave you your username, as in email@example.com. Someone in your IT department or Help desk (at a company or school) The person who manages your email service or web site (in a small business or club)