Why can’t I delete admin account on Mac?
try to uncheck it . Open the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences, unlock it, select that account, and push the – button. If you’re using Fast User Switching, you need to log out of the account you want to delete.
How do I delete a second admin account on Mac?
Delete a user or group on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. Open Users & Groups preferences for me. …
- Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Click Delete User.
How do I change the administrator on my Mac?
If you are an administrator, you can specify how the login window looks to all the other users.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Users & Groups, then click Login Options. …
- Click the “Automatic login” pop-up menu, then choose a user, or choose Off. …
- Select the options you want.
How do I remove an administrator from my Mac without a password?
- boot computer and hold the “apple” key and the “s” key.
- wait for terminal show.
- release keys.
- type without the quotes: “/sbin/mount -uaw”
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “rm /var/db/.applesetupdone.
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “reboot”
18 янв. 2012 г.
How do I delete administrator account?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
6 дек. 2019 г.
How do I force a Mac to delete a user?
Mac: How to delete a user on macOS
- Make sure you’re logged in to a user account with admin priviledges.
- Open System Preferences and click Users.
- Select the account you’d like to delete and tap the – icon just under Login Options.
- Choose whether you’d like to save or delete the home folder.
- Click Delete User.
25 июл. 2018 г.
Why is it taking so long to delete a user account on my Mac?
If your system gets stuck while trying to delete a user account, it’s rather likely that you chose the option to save the home folder to a disk image. … Select Delete the home folder option and click on Delete User. You can also use Don’t change the home folder option if you want to manually remove the home folder.
Does deleting a user on Mac delete files?
If you are using OS X Mavericks, the user files will be deleted. If you are using an older Mac OS X version like OS X Mountain Lion, System Preferences will let you choose if you want to keep the files or to remove them.
How do I access administrator account on Mac?
Choose Apple menu () > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups (or Accounts). , then enter an administrator name and password. Click Login Options. Click Join (or Edit).
How do you unlock the administrator account on a Mac?
Launch System Preferences by clicking its Dock icon, or by selecting System Preferences from the Apple menu. In the System Preferences window, open the Users & Groups preference pane. Click the padlock icon in the lower left corner, and then enter your administrator password. Click the Unlock button.
How do I reset the administrator on my Mac?
Here’s how to do that:
- Restart your Mac. …
- While it is restarting, press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo. …
- Go to the Apple Menu at the top and click Utilities. …
- Then click Terminal.
- Type “resetpassword” in the terminal window. …
- Then hit Enter. …
- Type your password and a hint. …
- Finally, click Restart.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
Reset Admin Password
Restart in Recovery Mode (command-r). From the Utilities menu in the Mac OS X Utilities menu, choose Terminal. At the prompt enter “resetpassword” (without the quotes) and press Return. A Reset Password window will pop up.
What if there is no administrator on my Mac?
You can create a new administrator account by restarting the Setup Assistant: Boot into Single User Mode: Start/restart your Mac. As soon as you hear the startup tone, press and hold ⌘ + S until you see a black screen with white lettering.