Click the Start menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. You can also select the Settings app from the app list. Under Settings, click Update & Security > Recovery, then select Get started under Reset this PC.
How do I force a factory reset on Windows 10?
The quickest is to press the Windows Key to open the Windows search bar, type “Reset” and select the “Reset this PC” option. You can also reach it by pressing Windows Key + X and selecting Settings from the pop-up menu. From there, choose Update & Security in the new window then Recovery on the left navigation bar.
How do I force my laptop to factory reset?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do you Reset your computer to factory?
To find out, do this:
- Click the Start button and then click “Settings.”
- Click “System” and then click “About.”
- Click the Start button and click “Settings.”
- Click “Update & Security.”
- Click “Recovery.”
- On the Recovery page in the “Reset this PC” section, click “Get started.”
Will a hard reset delete everything on my laptop?
A hard reset erases all user data and any apps installed by the user.
How do you hard reset a Windows laptop?
Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time until the screen turns off (about 15 seconds), then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds. After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
How can I reset my laptop without removable battery?
Power reset a laptop with a non-removable battery
- Turn off the computer, and then unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any peripheral devices, and then remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for approximately 15 seconds.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
Does resetting PC remove virus?
The recovery partition is part of the hard drive where your device’s factory settings are stored. In rare cases, this can become infected with malware. Hence, doing a factory reset will not clear the virus.
How do I fix trouble resetting my computer 2020?
Solution 1: Fix by Using Command Prompt
- Go to Start and run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Type the command “sfc /scannow” and hit Enter, this will perform a system file check.
- When finished, type “exit” to exit Command Prompt.
- Reboot to reset your computer.
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
How do I factory reset my computer with command prompt?
The instructions are:
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
How do I factory reset my laptop Windows 10 without logging in?
How to Reset Windows 10 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
- Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. …
- On the next screen, click the Reset this PC button.
- You’ll see two option: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything“. …
- Keep My Files. …
- Next, enter your user password. …
- Click on Reset. …
- Remove Everything.